Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Mobile Speed Test

1066gull

We all know we life in a sparse and somewhat frustrating area receiving a reasonable data connection for our smartphones. In the past twelve months there have been a lot of changes what with a 4g test in Brighton, new masts along the a21 and the Cross in Hand antenna being refitted ready for 4G.

A lot of factors have to be taken in to account including phone carriers so it would be helpful if we can compile a local database of where the best speeds are for different carriers.

I'm also particularly interested in anyone on GiffGaff and the surrounding villages of Pulborough, an area I no little about.

Please download Speedtest from your respected app stores. BlackBerry 10 users like me please visit BB10bars and sideload the Android version.

Then attach the following information:

First part of Postcode:
Phone:
Carrier:
Connection: (gprs, edge, hSPA, lte)
Connection speed:

So for example;

TN33
BlackBerry z10
Vodafone
HSPA
3.9mbps

Thank you

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't know what Adrie is up to but suspect it's commercial rather than altruistic

1066gull

I don't know what Adrie is up to but suspect it's commercial rather than altruistic

I'm trying to discover where the mobile blackspots and hotspots so I am ready to report any problems that may not be known in the area. Telefonica and Vodafone share parts of each others spectrum on 3G but no one knows the extent of how this helps their consumers.

GiffGaff is a small niche provider which operates on the o2 band. They have very competitive rates and I wanted to gauge how successful they are in providing a reliable service.

Also EE is now part of Europe's largest phone carrier and their 4G Works differently to the others. The more data we collect amongst ourselves can determine which carrier is right for us because for many of us our phone provider is our fastest source of Internet these days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Won't make much difference to the signal speed what gets reported,me being in a basement flat in Hove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here