Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ravel Morrison...

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
No not a rumour thread about him joining the albion!

What are your thoughts?
Personally I think he is a real talent, yes he has had his problems off the pitch but my word this guy is talented!
Just watched the west ham v Chelsea game and what a shift he put in. The lad can defend, push forward and has phenomenal vision....
I would love it if Roy took him to Brazil next year, he is just the fresh/exciting player that England need and dare I say could be as big as gazza for England if given the chance?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
So much ability and right now seems he's cooled his tempremant. Still give me Ross Barkley over Morrison for Brazil any day

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
So much ability and right now seems he's cooled his tempremant. Still give me Ross Barkley over Morrison for Brazil any day

Yep good call! Another in form player... Would much rather see these two instead or gerrard and carrick or Milner.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

How about we take Berahino, Barkley and Morrison to Brazil and leave Cleverley in Manchester. These three would generate a lot of buzz and excitement around the squad.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Gerard is undoubtedly quality still, but I hate seeing him in an England shirt ever since he dived against Andorra to gain a Penalty, a shameful act of cheating against an International minnow whilst wearing the England shirt. A disgrace.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Milner plays an entirely different role to them so can't really compare.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
The point I was making is that it is time to give the youngsters a go!
The time for having the likes of Terry, lampard, Gerrard etc... in the England team are long gone! They have featured heavily for a long time with England being less than successful!? So why not bring on the youngsters...

It is no coincidence that Germany 3 years ago took a very young and mostly unheard of team to the world cup and look at them now... what a force they are now

Don't get me wrong, Gerrard is a great player for Liverpool still but just doesn't cut it when putting the England shirt on!

Imagine taking Wilshire, lalanna, Walcott, Morrison, the Ox, Townsend etc to the world cup?
It's all about building for the future not sticking with a bunch of faithfull labrodores and just waiting for one of them to retire to then replace...

Personally I think Wilshire would do a far better job in Gerrard role...

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Early days for Berahino. He has potential to be very good, but at the moment, that's all it is.

Morrison is still sharp around the edges but he clearly has ability and could be a potential match winner as an impact sub next summer. I'd imagine he's on Roy Hodgson's radar but he will want to be careful nurturing him and he also has to weigh up whether his potential ability to win a match outweighs the possible downside he could bring as a traveller if he is not involved in every match. Ross Barkley I'd think is almost a cert to go to the World Cup if he stays fit, but Morrison is more of a wild card pick.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The point I was making is that it is time to give the youngsters a go!
The time for having the likes of Terry, lampard, Gerrard etc... in the England team are long gone! They have featured heavily for a long time with England being less than successful!? So why not bring on the youngsters...

It is no coincidence that Germany 3 years ago took a very young and mostly unheard of team to the world cup and look at them now... what a force they are now

Don't get me wrong, Gerrard is a great player for Liverpool still but just doesn't cut it when putting the England shirt on!

Imagine taking Wilshire, lalanna, Walcott, Morrison, the Ox, Townsend etc to the world cup?
It's all about building for the future not sticking with a bunch of faithfull labrodores and just waiting for one of them to retire to then replace...

Personally I think Wilshire would do a far better job in Gerrard role...

I concur

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'd say it's about striking a balance. Ideally, you should have a mix of young, promising players along with seasoned players who have experienced going to a World Cup before and are motivated to prove a point through previous shortcomings. Gerrard, Lampard and Cole are no longer in a position where they are going to play every match and possibly Lampard and Cole are no more than squad players now (although I'd still rather have Cole playing at LB in a crunch match against Brazil or Germany than Leighton Baines). But the younger players can only benefit from having those type of players in the group to pass on their insight, even if they will not play every game. What you don't want to do is pack the squad with youngsters, crash out in the first round and then saddle the up-and-coming players with that baggage in years to come and possibly do damage to their career from which they never recover.

Last edited:

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
At a push I would take lampard, and cole is a must! I would like to see baines playing just in front of him.
If the youngsters miss this World Cup then it will be another 4 years when they will be in their late 20's and fear it will be the same old thing....
Judging by Roy's predicted/most likely squad things aren't looking good are they..? So why not mix it up a bit...?

BEN12360

Dec 30, 2012
Boring Boring England........................Take whoever you want to a World Cup but its going to take some serious football cleansing to turn Englands fortunes around.

BEN12360

Dec 30, 2012
At a push I would take lampard, and cole is a must! I would like to see baines playing just in front of him.
If the youngsters miss this World Cup then it will be another 4 years when they will be in their late 20's and fear it will be the same old thing....
Judging by Roy's predicted/most likely squad things aren't looking good are they..? So why not mix it up a bit...?

Baines in front of Cole is never going to work!!!!!!!!!!!! They are attacking left backs..........but they are just that....left backs!!!!!!!

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Dare I point out our 2 very own young players that have just been given a run in the team (ince + JFC), come on leaps and bounds and are potential game changers... But last season nobody would even have thought it.

Ince and Hammond is the perfect comparison

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Baines in front of Cole is never going to work!!!!!!!!!!!! They are attacking left backs..........but they are just that....left backs!!!!!!!

Baines started out as a midfielder at Wigan and he does provide much of Everton's impetus in building attacks the way that he bombs forward for them, so theoretically he could play in an advanced wide left position, much like Coentrao at Real Madrid and for Portugal can play either role. That said, I'm not sure it's something you can be certain Baines would be comfortable doing and I also think that it works better if the player in the wide left position cuts inside to allow either Baines or Cole to make the overlapping runs that they are both famed for. Arsenal worked this to good effect when they had Robert Pires playing in front of Cole and did exactly that. Of the current England squad players, Adam Lallana could possibly play that role effectively if Hodgson takes him to Brazil.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Baines started out as a midfielder at Wigan and he does provide much of Everton's impetus in building attacks the way that he bombs forward for them, so theoretically he could play in an advanced wide left position, much like Coentrao at Real Madrid and for Portugal can play either role. That said, I'm not sure it's something you can be certain Baines would be comfortable doing and I also think that it works better if the player in the wide left position cuts inside to allow either Baines or Cole to make the overlapping runs that they are both famed for. Arsenal worked this to good effect when they had Robert Pires playing in front of Cole and did exactly that. Of the current England squad players, Adam Lallana could possibly play that role effectively if Hodgson takes him to Brazil.

Spot on! And well said... Ben12360 clearly has no concept of football and how people play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here