Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Player cancelation poll

If the Seagull Player intermittent commentary service continues, will you unsubscribe?

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If the Seagull Player intermittent commentary service continues, will you unsubscribe?

Many have reached their patience limit with the dripping tap torture match commentary service and it would be good to send the result of this poll to the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes , even if it means having to watch Sky Sports updates instead of listening to the game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
About time there were other options to player, its been unreliable for a long time. Pretty basic stuff, hardly leading edge technology...

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Its very strange that the other clubs service seem to have no problems , at the very least the provider should offer all current subscribers a 3 month refund or 3 months free , i shall continue for now as the highlights on the other teams sites also seem to be more in depth but i can imagine they will lose lots of business if this awful service continues

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm glad I didn't sign up to the special "2 months for the price of 1" offer that expired a couple of days ago. Sounds like consistently poor service now for three seasons in a row.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That wasn't fit for purpose today. Its reaching last straw stage for me now.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
They are in the last chance saloon for me.

Fecking useless crap that it has been since I subscribed. Unfortunately, for most games it's my only option to be kept updated with the games as they are played!

I enjoyed the commentary from the Wigan Player until we scored, then they went very biased hahaha.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Living 300 miles away leaves me little option for evening games. If there was an alternative I would use it.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Sorry but I have found it to be OK and well worth £38 pa

Then you really cant be listening very often, especially recently. 30 minutes of the game lost today, aldershot commentary 2 weeks ago etc...

If its not sorted i will not resubscribe. I tweeted the club on it today, the say they are considering developing an alternative in case the curent system goes down..lets see..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Then you really cant be listening very often, especially recently. 30 minutes of the game lost today, aldershot commentary 2 weeks ago etc...

If its not sorted i will not resubscribe. I tweeted the club on it today, the say they are considering developing an alternative in case the curent system goes down..lets see..

They should be emailing an apology and notifying us of their intention.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sorry but I have found it to be OK and well worth £38 pa

No offence meant to you, but are you hard of hearing? If not, do you use player for commentary or just for the other stuff?

It cannot be my internet connection because it happens all the time and all my other programs that I'm using concurrently are fine.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Paid for the year, at a discount, so no to cancelling. Will I sign up for it next year, that is different question. The club need to sort it out and also improve the website, how long is the contract the FL have with the website company

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Paid for the year, at a discount, so no to cancelling. Will I sign up for it next year, that is different question. The club need to sort it out and also improve the website, how long is the contract the FL have with the website company

I agree re website. I am a website designer so I feel that I can criticize with some knowledge on what a crap website that the club are tied in to. The people behind this are earning a pretty penny for not a lot of work. Then again, this happens in football, remember Emile Heskey?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Alas, it's the only way I can follow the Albion from over here, so will keep paying for the privilege.

While the service is poor, I think people on here like to exagerate how bad it actually is. For example when we were served up the Aldershot commentary, I just switched to the Donny Player commentary and listened there. Hardly the end of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here