Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's Big Up Barnes

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Barnes' performances over the last few matches have been hugely impressive. Despite the goal flurry not yet arriving his contributions have been first class and, importantly, his temperament fully under control. Shotton was all over him today and should have been booked on at least two occaisions but the Ref gave nothing. Last year we might have seen him kicking out to exact revenge but he's now showing dignity and a sensible degree of grace under pressure. Get in there Ash... plenty of us think you're the biz.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yes he has matured a lot after being totally misjudged by the F.A. following his accidental coming together with that ref, well done Barnsie just keep on performing and the goal floodgates will open.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's doing a good job until we get Ulloa and CMS back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He may not be a natural target man but he has accepted the role, improving all the time. He has also kept his temperament under control since his return from the last sending off.

One of the most underrated Albion players I have seen, not by the managers though fortunately.

Really hope we keep hold of him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's doing a good job until we get Ulloa and CMS back.

Really? Ulloa Mid December apparently...and then he's not going to be match fit...CMS..well who knows when....Oscar may decide to keep playing him until Leo is up to the mark...and even then may shove him out wide..who knows

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As good as I've seen him. Running the channels, giving options to us when in possession, holding it up. Just an all round EXCELLENT performance.

Couldn't split the MOTM between him and Ince today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It really is a thankless task for him. He isn't the tallest but he won free kicks, made some great runs and linked up well with the wingers today. A great performance. I think he'll get much more credit when he's played alongside Ulloa.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Although Greer was also superb. His head was like a MAGNET today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It really is a thankless task for him. He isn't the tallest but he won free kicks, made some great runs and linked up well with the wingers today. A great performance. I think he'll get much more credit when he's played alongside Ulloa.

What makes you think oscar will play him alongside Leo? I'm curious

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What makes you think oscar will play him alongside Leo? I'm curious

Some of our best performances have come with both of them in the starting line up. Take Arsenal last season for example. I guess we'll have to see when they are both fully fit but I've got a feeling that's the plan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some of our best performances have come with both of them in the starting line up. Take Arsenal last season for example. I guess we'll have to see when they are both fully fit but I've got a feeling that's the plan.

Yes i remember the Arsenal game Barnes scoring and providing the assist for Leo....i'm just not sure that OG will alter the formation....but as you say we will see

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Barnes is quality. A handful for any defence when on song. Shame he's an easy target for doubters and people who don't understand football

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Barnes is quality. A handful for any defence when on song. Shame he's an easy target for doubters and people who don't understand football

Can't believe 1 of the doubters hasn't put something pointless on this thread as he gets the blame for everything even when he isn't playing

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
He's very lucky we have had no strikers this season he is a great league 1 player. Lita must be wondering whats going on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here