Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

They say you should never go back

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Micky Adams... Probably shouldn't have

Peter Ward... Debatable

Andrew Crofts... EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. What a good job he did return. Top scorer and looking as good as he's ever looked. Delighted with him

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Should never have gone away...............

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I knew that he would come good this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not actually sure it's the same Crofts as last season. Garcia has got the very best out of him :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not actually sure it's the same Crofts as last season. Garcia has got the very best out of him :thumbsup:

I imagine that he is one of the first names on Oscar's team sheet. He had scored mostly match winning goals too. One big plus from our injury crisis.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good to see Micky doing a great job at Port Vale. I will always love the bloke.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mullery's second spell wasn't a good idea either.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Crofts looks like the double figure goalscoring midfielder we have been looking for , for ages. Just get Ulloa and CM-S back and we will be a goalscoring MACHINE.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What you mean Crofts isn't really suited to being the third holding midfielder?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to know why Gus thought Hammond was a better bet than Crofts last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to know why Gus thought Hammond was a better bet than Crofts last season.
Hammond was, because the last thing Gus could tolerate was a linking midfielder marauding forward.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Steve Foster - good second spell at Albion

Jimmy Case - good second spell at Albion (apart from the bit when he became manager)

Dean Wilkins - better second spell than his first at the club.

Bobby Zamora - good second spell at Albion

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Zamora just went from a loan to a full time player so not really a second spell. Agree on the others though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hammond was, because the last thing Gus could tolerate was a linking midfielder marauding forward.

And yet Gus let him push up in his first stint at the club. Why he signed him to play, as you said, second choice in a holding midfield was a bit odd.The fact Oscar has got goals out of him shows his excellent footballing brain IMO

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The one and only reason that Croftsy didn't make an impact last season, was because he was carrying a long term injury into almost every game that he played. Now that he is injury free we can see what an impact he has on the team.

Always prompting from midfield, always available for a pass, effective in both boxes, encouraging other players, never stops running ... the list of pros goes on and on. I can't praise the man enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see him score ten goals come the end of the season.

And all this from a man who, according to some in other recent threads, was past it. How quickly some people change their tune, (Pay me later Andrew).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Zamora just went from a loan to a full time player so not really a second spell. Agree on the others though.

It was, though. He went back to Bristol Rovers after a loan period ended. It wasn't a loan deal that was changed to become permanent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here