[Official Site] Greer: Back to Business

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-1191015_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:10 23rd November 2013
by Adam Tighe
We were going well, but it’s up to us now to pick it back up again and get another good result"
Gordon Greer
Gordon Greer has urged Albion to carry on their good form at the DW Stadium today.Oscar Garcia’s men hit six goals in two games as they secured back-to-back victories before the international break, and the Seagulls skipper is relishing facing the FA Cup holders.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We were going well, but it’s up to us now to pick it back up again and get another good result. We know it’s going to be a tough game, with them having come down from the Premier League, but all the games are tough in this league.
They’ve kept a lot of their players so we know it’s going to be a tough game, but we’ve got some good players as well so it’s going to be interesting. Hopefully we can get the win as we’re quite close to them in the league as well; it’s one we’ve been looking forward to.
“We’re confident because we’re a good team and it’s about the team, not individuals. For us it’s about maintaining what we do every day in training and having a good team ethic. We’ll go there and it will be the team that will hopefully win the game rather than individuals.”
Meanwhile Greer admitted he was delighted to make his international debut last week for Scotland, helping Gordon Strachan’s side to two consecutive clean sheets against USA and Norway.
“It was great to get two victories going into the international break then to get two caps for Scotland was great. I was just trying to enjoy it as much as I could.
“Obviously I wanted to play as well as I could and try to give the manager a problem for the future. I also wanted to savour it as much as I could and I felt that I did that, so it was good.
“I didn’t expect to play the second game because we had four centre-backs but I was delighted to be involved again and come back with two caps. The boys get on great, we’ve got a really good team spirit and it’s great to be a part of it.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here