Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your tune of the year

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To go alongside the album of the year thread here's my top 10. I would have included Daft Punk in there if it hadn't been played to death.

10. Owiny Sigoma Band - All Together (London musicians playing, funk and techno with Kenyan Owiny singers. Really funky)
9. Jagwar Ma - Man I Need (I've described this band as sort of Happy Mondays re-invented by Hot Chip. This track is brilliant and baggy)
8. Steve Mason - Come To Me (If you like intelligent guitar driven tunes then you will love this. Guaranteed)
7. Goldfrapp - Annabel (Alison G treading new ground with this acoustic almost French sounding thing of beauty)
6. Tricky - Nothing's Changed (God, I love this man. Classic Tricky with an almost paranoid trippy tune)
5. John Grant - You Don't Have To (to be honest it could have been any from the Pale Green Ghosts album but I especially like this)
4. Nick Cave - We No Who U R (The one jewel in an otherwise lacklustre album. Nick Cave showing just how brilliant a songwriter he is)
3. Phosphorescent - Right On/Ride On (lazy, never-ending, beautiful electric, psychedelic, anthemic)
2. Woodkid - I Love You. (This Frenchman will go very very far. Possibly my gig of the year too at Brixton a few weeks back)

Here's an alternate version from the album with a 5 piece orchestra

1. Ben Pearce - What I Might Do (A great party tune with a killer bassline. And the video to it is just superb too)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ben Pearce - what I might do.
Wilkinson - Afterglow
Storm Queen - Look Right Through
Martin Garrix - Animals
Le Youth - C O O L

Can't decide between those.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hookworms - Away/Towards
Kurt Vile - Shame Chamber
Fuzz - HazeMaze
Boards of Canada - Palace Pozy
Ryan Power - The Prize

(I'll admit it irks me somewhat that one of my favourite tracks of the year has "Palace" in the title)

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To go alongside the album of the year thread here's my top 10. I would have included Daft Punk in there if it hadn't been played to death.

10. Owiny Sigoma Band - All Together (London musicians playing, funk and techno with Kenyan Owiny singers. Really funky)
9. Jagwar Ma - Man I Need (I've described this band as sort of Happy Mondays re-invented by Hot Chip. This track is brilliant and baggy)
8. Steve Mason - Come To Me (If you like intelligent guitar driven tunes then you will love this. Guaranteed)
7. Goldfrapp - Annabel (Alison G treading new ground with this acoustic almost French sounding thing of beauty)
6. Tricky - Nothing's Changed (God, I love this man. Classic Tricky with an almost paranoid trippy tune)
5. John Grant - You Don't Have To (to be honest it could have been any from the Pale Green Ghosts album but I especially like this)
4. Nick Cave - We No Who U R (The one jewel in an otherwise lacklustre album. Nick Cave showing just how brilliant a songwriter he is)
3. Phosphorescent - Right On/Ride On (lazy, never-ending, beautiful electric, psychedelic, anthemic)
2. Woodkid - I Love You. (This Frenchman will go very very far. Possibly my gig of the year too at Brixton a few weeks back)

1. Ben Pearce - What I Might Do (A great party tune with a killer bassline. And the video to it is just superb too)

Number 2 is wonderful Buzzer. Thanks for bringing this into my life.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Thank you for sharing this. It sums up my current mood perfectly. Amazing voice and sound, I'll be hunting the download for this. Beautiful song.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree NE thanks for Buzzer for sharing this. I am between heartbreaks lol !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a point of order Buzzers no 1 is far weaker than his number 2. I would go along with number 2 can't think I have heard a better song this year.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More than happy to share and really pleased you like it. Go get the album. You won't be disappointed. :)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Good shout on Mr Mason. This for me tho

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
10. Arctic Monkeys - Number 1 Party Anthem
9. The Rifles - Heebie Jeebies
8. Queens of the Stone Age - I Sat by the Ocean
7. The National - Don't Swallow The Cap