Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just want to say hello

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
Whats the craic?

I have a bit of a story to tell I hope it's no hassle for yous reading it, just wish to get some advice :)

I should be moving from here to Brighton next year (September) to study/work basically get a new life lol things are pretty grim here in Ireland and I want to start afresh.

First off I was wondering if anyone on the forum is attending the two universities or the City College? If so, what are your thoughts?

Secondly, whats the part time work situation looking like in Brighton? I'd imagine its tough enough but I read the unemployment rate there is something like 5% which is brilliant tbh, defo gonna need a job while I'm there.

Thirdly, are there many Irish over there? I don't really care about who comes from where and all that nationalistic crap I'm a mix of four nationalities myself but just for the sake of past experiences do any of you know people who did the same thing I'm hoping to do?

Lastly, while I'm here I wouldn't mind becoming an Albion supporter and attending matches, now I know you're probably cringing reading that sentence haha but I love watching live football and if I'm going to be living there and going to some games I'm obviously gonna develop some affection for the club :D

Cheers for reading and I'm glad to be here :) go easy on me lol

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lastly, while I'm here I wouldn't mind becoming an Albion supporter and attending matches, now I know you're probably cringing reading that sentence haha but I love watching live football
Nope, welcome along. Live footy is what it's about.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Wasn't there an Irish female poster a few weeks ago with virtually the same post?

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Whats the craic?

I have a bit of a story to tell I hope it's no hassle for yous reading it, just wish to get some advice :)

I should be moving from here to Brighton next year (September) to study/work basically get a new life lol things are pretty grim here in Ireland and I want to start afresh.

First off I was wondering if anyone on the forum is attending the two universities or the City College? If so, what are your thoughts?

Secondly, whats the part time work situation looking like in Brighton? I'd imagine its tough enough but I read the unemployment rate there is something like 5% which is brilliant tbh, defo gonna need a job while I'm there.

Thirdly, are there many Irish over there? I don't really care about who comes from where and all that nationalistic crap I'm a mix of four nationalities myself but just for the sake of past experiences do any of you know people who did the same thing I'm hoping to do?

Lastly, while I'm here I wouldn't mind becoming an Albion supporter and attending matches, now I know you're probably cringing reading that sentence haha but I love watching live football and if I'm going to be living there and going to some games I'm obviously gonna develop some affection for the club :D

I'm reading this in Bantry mate. Brighton you'll love. If you've got a proper work ethic there's lots of work to be bad.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Couple of central pubs show the GAA, quite a big studenty/20something Irish community, quite difficult to miss it if you are into your sports.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Whats the craic?

What part of Wicklow are you from? I used to live in Arklow.

Garfunkaal

Sep 25, 2013
Co. Wicklow
I hate GAA to be honest haha! pure footy man myself :)

Yeah I've family members who've lived/worked/holidayed in Brighton and they've all said it''d be a wise decision to go there! but of course its good to hear from people who actually live there to get some advice.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Any relation to London Irish? (lol)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here