Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho starting to grate me

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think he has a point. Was it a penalty? Possibly, possibly not. I've seen them given for less and seen them not given for more. What irks me is the fact that this is Mike Riley apologising and not Andre Mariner. Is Mariner happy that his boss is suggesting he made a mistake? Does he believe he actually made a mistake anyway. If he does, then surely Mariner should be the one apologising. What would be better would be refs to actually come out after a game, possibly having seen some replays, and making a comment at that time rather than running away!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
He wants to be the new Fergie?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Mourinho has always annoyed me, not just for his actions but the ridiculous cult of personality that has been cultivated around him. A good manager no question, what he did with Porto was special but many like to gloss over the fact he has spent obscene amounts of money elsewhere, £140 million in his first summer at Chelsea.

http://www.givemesport.com/349364-was-jose-mourinho-really-that-special-at-chelsea

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Always been annoying since his Porto days but he is right on this occasion.

A letter of apology is pretty meaningless in terms of compensation for West Brom and sets a dangerous precedent,

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
But he is right, are they going to apologise to every club for every bad refereeing decision from now on ??? They are going to be busy people. It was not the first or last dodgy decision ever made by a referee so why phone to apologise. After the way they played yesterday I could put up with him being our manager and I don't think he will ever be as bad as Fergie plus he's entertaining when he winds people up.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He has a point, but I don't think Mourinho's motives are to raise a point of principle. It seems pretty clear to me that he is trying to promote a siege mentality of 'the world's against us, everyone wants us to lose' in order to instil some togetherness in the team to get them to play better after some recent disappointing results and performances. Added to which, he wants the next big decision to go in his team's favour. He got a reaction yesterday as Chelsea won easily, although it helped that West Ham were dire.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here