Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to face trial over homophobic gesture

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25051626

A footballer accused of making a homophobic gesture to Brighton fans during a Championship match is to face trial.

Colin Kazim-Richards, 26, is accused of making the gesture while playing for Blackburn Rovers at Brighton and Hove Albion's Amex Stadium on 12 February.

The player, who plays for Turkish side Bursaspor, has previously denied a charge made under the Public Order Act.

His trial has been set for 14 and 15 January at Brighton Magistrates Court.

--

Assume El Hadji Diouf will get the same trial?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What a complete and utter waste of public finances.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well, bearing in mind there are laws in place which would stop folk going on the pitch & chinning him when it happened, I don't see why the on-field behaviour of a professional footballer should be above the law either. So much for him learning from his own life experiences & his willing involvement with the 'Kick It Out' campaign.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It was relatively tame compared to the gesture he made towards us when we had played at Ewood Park earlier in the season.

However, I was too busy calling him a wanker at the time to report it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Excellent.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sod him.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Id say what Luke Ayling did for Yeovil against us last month was worse than what the Coca-Cola kid done.

How it's got this far is beyond me.

So speak up then. What hilarious antics did Luke Ayling get up to (for those who didn't go to Woeville)?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think grabbing your nuts is homophobic. Simulating sticking something up your anus a little more so.

Still a complete waste of time and money, as Husty suggests.

"Shit Balotelli" grabbed his cock over his shorts to infer Brighton fans would like it. The lino interpreted his actions the same way.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Id say what Luke Ayling did for Yeovil against us last month was worse than what the Coca-Cola kid done.

How it's got this far is beyond me.

You are not wrong that was so blatant I still don't know how he got away with that

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Christ I enjoyed calling him a fat :wanker: so much that game... but abusing Diouf was something else! Only a few players in this league that can create such hostility... Barton's next!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Christ I enjoyed calling him a fat :wanker: so much that game... but abusing Diouf was something else! Only a few players in this league that can create such hostility... Barton's next!

Oddly, I don't view Barton with anywhere near the level of hostility I hold for Coke Boy and El-Hadji "Red card" Diouf. Those two are just awful, at least Barton doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well, bearing in mind there are laws in place which would stop folk going on the pitch & chinning him when it happened, I don't see why the on-field behaviour of a professional footballer should be above the law either. So much for him learning from his own life experiences & his willing involvement with the 'Kick It Out' campaign.

Is there any point in the law being the same for footballers if the punishment wont be, If CKR gets found guilty of homophobia towards Albion fans he's not going to get a 3 year match ban like the 2 Derby fans did is he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here