Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeepers

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
With PIG deffo No 1 goalie, is there any attempt by the club to loan out CA or PB ? Notice that Yeovil for one have been struggling with keepers this season.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think any club should always have at least three senior keepers. If PIG was out for an extended period and for example Brez loaned out, I wouldn't be particularly happy with just Ankergren and no sub goalie/youth player on the bench. Then again this problem can be fixed as long as we could recall the loanee.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ankergren is a liability. I thought he was dodgy at Leeds and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind. Probably the worst player I've seen between the sticks ever.

Don't be an idiot! The worst goalkeeper you have EVER seen! You are sure? You are gonna stick by that claim even when i post a picture of this guy...

graeme-smith-image-2-645058389-927684.jpg

That was less than four years ago. Ankegren is a decent League 1 'keeper, nothing more, nothing less.

theboybilly

Graeme who? :whistle:

Actually I take your points, but for me Ankergren came here from Mighty Leeds (ahem) with a reputation. I've been sorely disappointed in him and could never understand why he was recruited. Maybe I should have said the must underwhelming goalkeeper signing I've ever seen given the expectation.

Last edited:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just a few stats to back up my Graeme Smith claim:

Appearances: 8 (2)
Minutes: 815
Goals Conceded: 28
Minutes per goal: 29

He was like a small child dressed up as a goalkeeper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probabaly never went to the Withdean so have no idea who Graeme Smith is.

Did you ever go yourself then? (Given that the price of tickets for what was on offer, was FAR from 'reasonably priced).

This signature thing of yours properly pisses me off.

Only attending reasonably priced football matches < £15
Prices paid this season: Derby Home - £0 (thanks Algie), Birmingham Away - £15 Doncaster Away - £13 Blackburn Home (£0) Wigan Away (£10)

None of those games, bar Wigan away, actually WERE 'reasonably priced' by your <£15 criteria.

You actually only attend any matches by bludging off others (the excessive prices are okay I guess, if somebody else has paid them for you) or buy buying child's tickets. How old are you Husty, btw?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Graeme who? :whistle:

Actually I take your points, but for me Ankergren came here from Mighty Leeds (ahem) with a reputation. I've been sorely disappointed in him and could never understand why he was recruited. Maybe I should have said the must underwhelming goalkeeper signing I've ever seen given the expectation.

I would disagree. Ankergren was key in our league one winning side. His role as the sweeper-keeper, allowing the centre backs to spread wider and the full backs to bomb forward was key to out domination that season.

Perhaps he has been found wanting at Championship level, but I still think he is a decent mid-table championship keeper. Our problem with Ankergren, is that our target these days is a little higher than mid-table.

theboybilly

I would disagree. Ankergren was key in our league one winning side. His role as the sweeper-keeper, allowing the centre backs to spread wider and the full backs to bomb forward was key to out domination that season.

Perhaps he has been found wanting at Championship level, but I still think he is a decent mid-table championship keeper. Our problem with Ankergren, is that our target these days is a little higher than mid-table.

And Tomas has raised the bar so high now of course. I can't understand Fergie's remarks about our Tom (admittedly I've haven't read the book, just what's been posted on some forums) He's had Taibi (?), Carroll and Ben Foster in his sides on occasion and none of those looked comfortable 'Big club' goalies, whereas Kuszack had never really let him down. Even Barthez had his wobbles. Most unfair in my opinion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here