Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Íñigo Calderón - 150 Appearances - Appreciation Thread

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
One of my favourite Albion players in my time as a supporter. Gives everything in every match. Calde has come a long way both individually and as part of the club. He's been an invaluable member of the squad since Poyet joined and continues to be one now. Never moans when not in the team. Doesn't sulk when played out of position.

My favourite moment, it has to be the goal away at Charlton and celebration in his first season.

What a man.

:albion2:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wonder if he ever regrets his Southampton u-turn? :D

Full credit to a decent guy that completed the triathlon for Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice during his summer holiday :clap:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There can't be many footballers that go out of their way to be so hands on with their club's education schemes

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm sorely tempted to ask the club if they can add a picture of him outside the ground with the other 'icons'

Might even suggest it's paid for by fans. I've no idea how much it would cost but would anyone be up for a small contribution?

He's probably my all-time favourite player too.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm sorely tempted to ask the club if they can add a picture of him outside the ground with the other 'icons'

Might even suggest it's paid for by fans. I've no idea how much it would cost but would anyone be up for a small contribution?

I'd definitely be up for this

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I remember being utterly gutted when I thought we'd lost him to Southampton and being equally happy when we found out that he was coming back here after all. I also remember him taking the time to post on his Facebook page at the time to explain why he'd chosen to go to Southampton....I really can't think of many footballers who would bother to do something like that, especially when emotions were running high, and yet he did it - says a lot about the man for me.

In the time since we've seen him win the PFA Community Player of the Year, we've seen him complete a triathlon to help a local children's hospice, we've seen him teaching students in a classroom and we've seen him score some bloody brilliant goals as well.

150 appearances: :bowdown: and may there be many, many more to come.

If the "legends wall" outside the Amex is meant to represent fan favourite players down the years, then if there is any justice in the world there will be an Inigo Calderon one there some day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Might even suggest it's paid for by fans. I've no idea how much it would cost but would anyone be up for a small contribution?.

If the "legends wall" outside the Amex is meant to represent fan favourite players down the years, then if there is any justice in the world there will be an Inigo Calderon one there some day.

Snap. :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if he ever regrets his Southampton u-turn? :D

Full credit to a decent guy that completed the triathlon for Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice during his summer holiday :clap:

If he had gone to Southampton, I doubt if he would get any first team action now, even if he was still there (or here, given my location.)

But glad he didn't. What's the Spanish for "dude"?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I remember being utterly gutted when I thought we'd lost him to Southampton and being equally happy when we found out that he was coming back here after all. I also remember him taking the time to post on his Facebook page at the time to explain why he'd chosen to go to Southampton....I really can't think of many footballers who would bother to do something like that, especially when emotions were running high, and yet he did it - says a lot about the man for me.

In the time since we've seen him win the PFA Community Player of the Year, we've seen him complete a triathlon to help a local children's hospice, we've seen him teaching students in a classroom and we've seen him score some bloody brilliant goals as well.

Bloody well said Sir

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I would really like it if Inigo had a role in the club for years to come.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

Too right! For all those reasons, my favourite Albion player ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here