Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three women held as slaves in south London for 30 years!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently the first thing one of them said on release was "Have Palace managed to find a new manager yet?"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC reporting that there was no evidence of sexual exploitation......so they must be munters.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They released the diaries of one of them

Monday: up at 5, worked 16 hours solid. Boss kicked me
Tuesday: beaten with belt. Forced to work 15 hours
Wednesday: locked in room with bucket for a loo and mouldy bread to eat
Thursday: punched repeatedly, am cold and hungry
Friday: locked in attic again after mother of all beatings
Saturday: went to watch Crystal Palace. Wish I'd stayed at home

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Weird sense of humour some of you have, whatever tickles your fancy though I suppose

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Weird sense of humour some of you have, whatever tickles your fancy though I suppose

The nature of a gag is set up line followed by punch line, and the joke has a target.

In these cases the target is Palace, not the women.

Similar jokes have been knocking round for years in relation to Japanese soldiers found on deserted islands years after the war ended.

I therefore give you.........

Police said the women were kept in horrendous conditions, a local said that was nothing compared to the toilets at Selhurst Park

Curiously, on BBS a Palace fan posted the exact same joke and was replied to with smiley faces and "repped" comments.

Brighton fan posts it, sick b'stard.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
They released the diaries of one of them

Monday: up at 5, worked 16 hours solid. Boss kicked me
Tuesday: beaten with belt. Forced to work 15 hours
Wednesday: locked in room with bucket for a loo and mouldy bread to eat
Thursday: punched repeatedly, am cold and hungry
Friday: locked in attic again after mother of all beatings
Saturday: went to watch Crystal Palace. Wish I'd stayed at home

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his Palace scarf!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really interesting bit on 5 live this morning about this. The woman who was kept captive for many years in the USA where the bloke topped himself when he was found out...she bought the house he kept her captive in and also bought his car at auction!

She still lives there bizzarely! I would have thought she would have had the house razed to the ground and everything to do with him expunged from her life.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Curiously, on BBS a Palace fan posted the exact same joke and was replied to with smiley faces and "repped" comments.

Brighton fan posts it, sick b'stard.

You do realise that people are individuals do you not? or if a another BHA fan has an opinion do you automatically share the same one

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
The nature of a gag is set up line followed by punch line, and the joke has a target.

In these cases the target is Palace, not the women.

Similar jokes have been knocking round for years in relation to Japanese soldiers found on deserted islands years after the war ended.

I therefore give you.........

Police said the women were kept in horrendous conditions, a local said that was nothing compared to the toilets at Selhurst Park

Just out of curiosity would you do the same with a concentration camp victim

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just out of curiosity would you do the same with a concentration camp victim

It's a fair point, and the answer is probably not, as (a) The war ended in 1945, and therefore the joke would not be particularly contemporary, and (b) the gag involves a juxtaposition of two things, (i) South London being the being the place where the three women were found and where Palace play football, and (ii) Palace taking 30 days (and counting) to find a manager in the middle of the season.

No such deconstruct would exist in relation to a concentration camp victim.

Out of curiosity would you be so upset if you had read the same joke on BBS (as apparently it is there), or is it because it's on an Albion forum?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Out of curiosity would you be so upset if you had read the same joke on BBS (as apparently it is there), or is it because it's on an Albion forum?

Firstly I would not say I am upset, I just found it slightly distasteful. I would not make the same joke if they were found in Brighton. Yes I would not find it funny either if it was on the BBS. As I have said many times, I am an individual with my own opinions and thoughts as I am sure you are, for me it is not always about CPFC vs BHA, in fact the only time I really care is when we play each other or when someone says something that is a load of B&$()£"k's.
I have a very broad comedy range and find Jokes that others find distasteful funny, such as some racist(Including white jokes) and homophobic jokes. But then I do not find being a certain colour or being gay necessarily a bad thing so I do not see it as taking the pish out of a "victim" of something if you like.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Firstly I would not say I am upset, I just found it slightly distasteful. I would not make the same joke if they were found in Brighton. Yes I would not find it funny either if it was on the BBS. As I have said many times, I am an individual with my own opinions and thoughts as I am sure you are, for me it is not always about CPFC vs BHA, in fact the only time I really care is when we play each other or when someone says something that is a load of B&$()£"k's.
I have a very broad comedy range and find Jokes that others find distasteful funny, such as some racist(Including white jokes) and homophobic jokes. But then I do not find being a certain colour or being gay necessarily a bad thing so I do not see it as taking the pish out of a "victim" of something if you like.

Oh BORE off.

Then why the fvck are you always on here then?

If you don't care, piss off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here