Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus threatens to walk out.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Gus has said he will walk out on Sunderland unless he has full control over player recruitment.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Gus Poyet has revealed he has already had rows with the Sunderland hierarchy over who the club should sign in the January transfer window.

Black Cats boss Poyet has spent the international break locked in meetings with Roberto De Fanti, the club’s director of football, in a bid to identify potential targets.

However, he admits there were several disagreements during the chats – and that he threatened to walk out if one of De Fanti’s suggestions were signed.

‘I’ve told him my opinions about everybody and I’ve told him what I think we should be looking for,’ said Poyet.

‘We talked about a position the other day and considered four players.

‘I picked two. It was simple.

‘One of the other two was a definite no. If that one is coming, I won’t be here.’

Poyet went on to say he will have the final say on transfers, insisting he will not accept the club signing players on his behalf.

The Uruguayan is planning further meetings in the coming days to make that clear.

‘I’m sure the transfers are going to be done in the right way; in the common sense way,’ he continued.

‘Everyone has a responsibility and then the player has to be the right one for me.

‘If not, I’m not going to accept it.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/21/gus-p...land-hierarchy-over-january-signings-4195427/

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Weird. I thought Sunderland Director Of Football De Fanti was a big reason why Gus got that job. Now it seems De Fanti is carrying on as before and Gus isn't happy. You wonder whether the budget's not as big as Gus was expecting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Weird. I thought Sunderland Director Of Football De Fanti was a big reason why Gus got that job. Now it seems De Fanti is carrying on as before and Gus isn't happy. You wonder whether the budget's not as big as Gus was expecting.

Deja Vu really, flounce coming in February ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's in the Mirror too.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
Interesting that he takes the job surely knowing that the DoF will sign players, handle recruitment or play some role in it.

Now he has a few wins and looks to have turned a corner with them, fans are coming round to his football etc and it's looking rosy. Obviously he is only threatening to walk if that player is signed but I am sure he wouldn't be threatening to walk if he was yet to pick up a win yet.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Must be cold up there at the moment. Tanno wearing two coats, Charley with a bobble hat?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Ego Has Landed

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think we should speculate on who the player was that would cause Poyet to walk out the job. Glenn Murray?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6043426 said:
Ryan Harley shirely? Or perhaps Liam Dickinson

Fool, he got hold of that DVD of El Turienzo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills