Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What standard of football have you played?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Any ex pro's or non league footballers on NSC? or are you a sunday league player at best or you just watch with a passion? be interesting to see whose who?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
went as high as captain of the school team when i was about 11 but i dont think my ability every developed any further than that

played 5 a side leagues at uni, winning the league in one of those seasons (by loading up on university 1st team payers), and winning the lancing college colts football tournament shield (the europa league equivalent pitting all the teams who came 3rd/4th in their respective initial groups) with my old prep school were my crowning glories

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I will get my coat. I take it you don't play Husty?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Camden and Islington district boys.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Sussex u-19 , County league , Stock exchange Rep side

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Only ever reached the heights of friendly weeknight 5 a side footie myself, but had to give up due to persistent injury. Slightly off topic but one of my wife's friends & work colleagues used to be a pro for Mauritimo (?) in Portugal until sustaining a career ending injury, & has since qualified as a technician in the medical world. Best friends and old room-mate with Pepe...now with Real Madrid!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I used to play with Sean Wright-Phillips and he was nowhere near the best player, I always wonder if his dad was not who he was whether he would have even got a look in

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Played county league for a couple of years, but preferred the beer and watching the Albion.

With two ex - Albion players in the family, really didnt live up to expectations.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Signed for a (then) high-flying team in the frozen North when I was 14. Was there for a couple of years with dreams of stardom :) Managed to very stupidly break my neck. No more pro footy :(

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Signed for a (then) high-flying team in the frozen North when I was 14. Was there for a couple of years with dreams of stardom :) Managed to very stupidly break my neck. No more pro footy :(

You're not Bert Trautmann, are you?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
West Hoathly First XI in Mid Sussex Div 2 (or was it Div 3?).

I blame the fact that I went to a Rugby-playing school for the fact that I didn't progress further!!

theboybilly

Sadly I regret not playing competitively on Saturday afternoons when I had the chance to a decent standard, but contented myself with Sunday morning 'pub league' football-getting regularly spanked by 5 or 6, sometimes a lot more. The social side was great but I really should have played more, with better players, and played on for longer. When I was of school age there was never an evening or weekend daytime when I wasn't out kicking a ball about somewhere. You never see kids do that anymore

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Me? Nothing apart from owning the local football courts :D

My mother however has played for England.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here