Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who prefer to shop locally...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
... how about a list of producers and sellers of various goods and services from Sussex-based companies in the run-up to Christmas? Of course, many prefer the convenience of shopping for everything under one roof, but others like to snoop around and help the local economy as well/instead.

YES, I KNOW IT'S NOT 23RD DECEMBER YET
But some people like a heads-up.

For instance...

Wine
Ridgeview
Breaky Bottom
Quaff
Henry Butler

Meat
Barfields
Choice Cuts

Coffee
Small Batch

Beer
Harvey's
Quaff (again)

So what else can be suggested or recommended?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Beer - Trafalgar Wines (Trafalgar Street)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I always enjoyed a trip to Spring's Smoked Salmon in Edburton when I lived in Sussex.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Grasmere farm shop, George St, Hove. Lovely place. Blackbomber cheese can be purchased!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Butchers at the end of my road in Molesey.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
good idea

http://www.cloud9brighton.co.uk/ (Ice cream and cakes. Lanes and North Laine)

http://www.realpatisserie.co.uk/shops/ Brighton, Hove and Shoreham

http://www.city-books.co.uk/ Western Road, Hove

when i saw a shop in brighton had called itself cloud nine i took a punt they wouldnt be from newhaven or environs. one click on their site certainly confirmed that.

In the spring of 2010 we gave up our 9-5 jobs in the urban jungle of London and headed for the chilled out seas of sunny Brighton, with a big dream and a smallish dog…

fking hell.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
when i saw a shop in brighton had called itself cloud nine i took a punt they wouldnt be from newhaven or environs. one click on their site certainly confirmed that.

In the spring of 2010 we gave up our 9-5 jobs in the urban jungle of London and headed for the chilled out seas of sunny Brighton, with a big dream and a smallish dog…

fking hell.

I think that's completely put me off the idea of going there. Surprised they haven't made a film about it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

fking hell.

They sound like utter *****

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

fking hell.

In fairness I hadn't seen that. I was only aware of the lovely ice cream and that one of my friends works there. I shall now unfortunately have to boycott the shop.

Actually I might have to boycott Real Patisserie as well for their use of the word 'artisan'

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Just had this emailed to me

We don’t advertise at all, however I’ve been asked by Friend of Preston Park Shelley Sullivan to let you know that her wine shop, The Purple Grape in Preston Drove, is closing because of her ill health.

She mentions that her stock will be on sale at a 30% discount and the shop will be open from 4.30pm to 8.00pm today, Friday and Saturday. Sounds like a bargain!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Beer - Dark Star brewery - Star Trading estate - Partridge Green.

Now what is all this nonsense about food ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

fking hell.

Yeah but that's Brighton though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here