Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotland sidekick backs Greer [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Scotland sidekick backs Greer[/h]5:00am Thursday 21st November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2738033.jpg
Gordon Greer
Gordon Greer has been told he could have done no more in his first two games for Scotland.
The Albion skipper is back with his club today having helped keep clean sheets against the USA and Norway.
Norwich defender Russell Martin, who partnered Greer in Norway, was impressed by his efforts.
Martin said: “I enjoyed getting a run out alongside Gordon. We mix and match in training a lot and we’ve both been in a lot of squads together, so we know each other’s game.
“He did really well with Granty (Grant Hanley) the other night against America and, for his first two caps, he has got two clean sheets, so you can’t ask for any more than that.
“We get on really well off the pitch too, which also helps and I thought we did well together against Norway.
“Gordon coming into the squad is good news. It's more competition and that can only help raise standards.
“Me and Grant have played the last few games together and we've had a fairly good record. But Gordon has shown what he's about in these last two games

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here