Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt aims to repay boss's patience [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Bridcutt aims to repay boss's patience[/h]5:00am Thursday 21st November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2740435.jpg
Liam Bridcutt
Liam Bridcutt has vowed to repay the patience of his Albion boss by bouncing back to peak form.
Oscar Garcia has been without his on-field general for all but two hours of his first 15 Championship matches in charge.
Bridcutt hopes to be involved at Wigan on Saturday after taking the decision to have hernia surgery early in the campaign.
He admits he was desperate to play on and show his new boss what he could do after three successful seasons under Gus Poyet.
But he reckons Oscar’s patience and encouragement has taken the stress out of his recovery.
Bridcutt told The Argus: “It’s always hard when a new manager comes in.
“You always want to impress and carry on where you left off – and I had a brilliant season last season. I wanted to do the same again this season but Oscar has been really great with me.
“He knows the kind of player I am and he knows I’m going to give him 110% every game when I get back.
“He knows I will work hard for the team and he has been really good with me over the last couple of months.
“He has been keeping an eye on how things are going and he gave me the opportunity to come back against Blackburn.
“When I had the surgery we didn’t really put a timescale on it.
“We knew it was going to a long time and we just took it day by day.
“We wanted it to be 100% before I came back.”
Oscar hopes a whack to the knee on his comeback against Blackburn will not affect Bridcutt’s chances of featuring against Wigan.
The midfielder has also sat out several Scotland matches, including the friendly in Norway.
But he has revealed boss Gordon Strachan has kept in touch in recent months.
Bridcutt said: “He has just been keeping an eye on me and he gives me phone calls every now and then to see how things are going.
“Hopefully once I get back into the team and I’m doing well I will hopefully be picked again.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here