Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Hudl Tablet

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Has any one on here got one, if so what is it like?. I'm thinking of buying one for my kids 7 and 4.

Many Thanks

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A mate of mine is an android fanatic, he's got one and reckons it's a good buy. If you use clubcard vouchers (your wife will know what these are), then you can get it for about £60 I think.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The only thing I know is that the camera on them doesn't work well in anything but bright light, and even then not that well, worth knowing if you are planning to use Skype as I found out when my mother got one.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Thanks Lads just reading reviews and there saying the same thing! Thanks lads, might have to push the boat and get an apple iPad

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks Lads just reading reviews and there saying the same thing! Thanks lads, might have to push the boat and get an apple iPad

Fair enough if you want an iPad but there are other far better android tablets such as the new Nexus 7 which are loads cheaper than Apple stuff. Why jump straight from dismissing a budget tablet to buying the most expensive?

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Got a Nook... HD screen on a par with Ipad 3 allegedly.
Fair enough no camera - but they have recently been opened up to allow Google play & you can download the kindle app too
Pretty damn good value @ £99

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What's wrong with Action Men and Barbie Dolls nowadays or something for the back garden to encourge children to be children

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Fair enough if you want an iPad but there are other far better android tablets such as the new Nexus 7 which are loads cheaper than Apple stuff. Why jump straight from dismissing a budget tablet to buying the most expensive?

I agree, from the reviews on android tablets the iPad air wins every time, it's expensive though, I'm still not sure, I don't know a thing about the Nexus 7.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What's wrong with Action Men and Barbie Dolls nowadays or something for the back garden to encourge children to be children

Tell me about it!, lucky my sons very active, loves playing football!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I've got one, for the price it's brilliant.

But apart from the added Tesco stuff like Blinkbox etc, it's nothing special.

Camera is the worse feature. if you're a fan or skype or snapchat etc, and you can only take videos on the camera looking at you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Better? Far better? Really?

Every review I've seen has the new iPad Mini retina as the best small form tablet there is, without question. It comes at a price, of course, but quality generally does.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
Second hand ipads are good value - the orginal Ipad 1 is still a decent tablet and can be picked up quite cheap online.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
If its just for kids there are some £100 Android tablets that are a far better option than an ipad (not 'cos they are better - just cheaper and more configurable).

I have an ipad for "serious" stuff (only a 1st gen because I don't use it that often) and an Archos 70b Android one for day-to-day use. Its roughly the size of the ipad mini but at a fraction of the price. MicroSD slot so easy to transfer movies from PC to tablet, screen good, cameras are okay in most conditions. Not a top of the range tablet but more than good enough and at a great price and is sturdy enough to be handled by the average child unlike some of the other makes.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
It's hard to know what's the best option is, if money was no object I would get the iPad air, I appreciate your advice lads but I think it's time for me to take a trip down to Currys (and probably get sold something I don't want :lol: )

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
WE've got our kids the original ipad minis for xmas. They got andoird tablets last year and used them a bit but they spend more itme using my ipad than their android tablets because they don't get on with how the apps work and the selction of tablet apps is pretty poor.

If you can afford it I'd recommend the apple route for tablets, they just work which for kids is better than having to fiddle around with things more.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
WE've got our kids the original ipad minis for xmas. They got andoird tablets last year and used them a bit but they spend more itme using my ipad than their android tablets because they don't get on with how the apps work and the selction of tablet apps is pretty poor.

If you can afford it I'd recommend the apple route for tablets, they just work which for kids is better than having to fiddle around with things more.

Your right!, apple is my first choice!, I might have to have a chat with the bank of Mum/Nan!.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Better? Far better? Really?

Every review I've seen has the new iPad Mini retina as the best small form tablet there is, without question. It comes at a price, of course, but quality generally does.

Sorry, my post was a little ambiguous. I was comparing the op's Hudl to the Nexus 7 and not to iPad.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I agree, from the reviews on android tablets the iPad air wins every time, it's expensive though, I'm still not sure, I don't know a thing about the Nexus 7.

The new Nexus 7 looks stunning: http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/7/

I've got the old model and it's excellent. Portable, ample storage, reliable and barely ever seems to need charging. Doesn't have a camera on the back however, but this one does. The new one also claims to have the sharpest 7" screen but I can't vouch for that.

Don't waste your money on an iPad. Why spend an extra £200-odd on something that does the same, or even arguably an inferior job, to its Android competitors?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here