Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook-sell on?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A quick question NSC’ers about Steve Cook.

When they beat us 5-0, did he mock Albion fans that we were going down?

Never heard of this before - I’d really hope not being a local lad..! Find the post?!

Was he involved in the Jury Inn affair?
I have it in the back of my mind, we shipped out all involved, pretty sharpish,( except Dunk)

He was already at Bmuff before the incident came to light. They also didn’t do much wrong at all and it was down to one individual that it stupidly got as far as it did...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never heard of this before - I’d really hope not being a local lad..! Find the post?!

Yes he did, right in front of my block in the north stand and I’ve posted it a couple of times.
Bournemouth were three nil up at the time. He used two hands behind his back indicating three fingers, and a nought with the other, and then both hands pointing down, saying Bright9n were going down.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes he did, right in front of my block in the north stand and I’ve posted it a couple of times.
Bournemouth were three nil up at the time. He used two hands behind his back indicating three fingers, and a nought with the other, and then both hands pointing down, saying Bright9n were going down.

What an ungrateful prick. Looking forward to seeing his face Sunday now :)

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He did, but, to be fair he was getting dogs abuse at the time.

Why dogs abuse? What did he do wrong?! Either way, making the going down sign and then him going down himself is quality - and why you should never do this sort of thing!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He did, but, to be fair he was getting dogs abuse at the time.

He was laughing right on the byline so of course Brighton fans were shouting at him. Rubbing their noses in it when losing badly is a poor way to treat the club who trained him as a youth.
He left a Championship club to go to League 1 because he wanted regular football. Tommy Elphick followed him once he was fit again. He wouldn’t have dreamt of ridiculing Brighton fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was laughing right on the byline so of course Brighton fans were shouting at him. Rubbing their noses in it when losing badly is a poor way to treat the club who trained him as a youth.
He left a Championship club to go to League 1 because he wanted regular football. Tommy Elphick followed him once he was fit again. He wouldn’t have dreamt of ridiculing Brighton fans.

And if Cook was with us now he’d probably be about 6th choice! He probably should have thought before reacting / winding a crowd up. Smug and uncalled for. Annoyed, now I know this. I know someone that works with his brother - may get them to pass on it wasn’t forgotten :wink:

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
He signed a 3 and a half year deal at Bournemouth when we apparently sold him for £150k , there could be a sell on clause if we've sold him at that price.

Miss my dad posting his nonsense and drivel on here :(

First post I’ve seen in ages where I’ve seen his username pop up :down:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Miss my dad posting his nonsense and drivel on here :(

First post I’ve seen in ages where I’ve seen his username pop up :down:

A poster i liked and miss also. Had a sense of humour i liked. Why doesn't he post no more ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A poster i liked and miss also. Had a sense of humour i liked. Why doesn't he post no more ?

I think most have worked this out?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He always acts like a **** when we play against Bournemouth for some reason. He seems to be bitter about being let go. He’s also not very good so I can’t see him getting a move back to the Premier League when Bournemouth go down.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I saw this too.

He then went down "injured". So I think a bit of schadenfreude is well deserved in his case.

Always struggle with players who do this against their former clubs. Hammond was the same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Compare and contrast to GM when he scored for Palace....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw this too.

He then went down "injured". So I think a bit of schadenfreude is well deserved in his case.

Always struggle with players who do this against their former clubs. Hammond was the same.

I was thinking of Dean Hammond and his shenanigans at Withdean. He later came back on loan to us and apologised.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only got vague memories of his time here. Seem to recall him coming on - big stocky youth! - latedoors in an evening kick-off cup match at Withdean v some Premier League Gods or other (Man City maybe?) then being shipped out the door practically the next day. Maybe that still rankles with him? No need to take it out on the fans tho eh? ****

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Only got vague memories of his time here. Seem to recall him coming on - big stocky youth! - latedoors in an evening kick-off cup match at Withdean v some Premier League Gods or other (Man City maybe?) then being shipped out the door practically the next day. Maybe that still rankles with him? No need to take it out on the fans tho eh? ****

I think he made his debut in the City game and then disappeared for a while before reappearing as a sub under Poyet vs Liverpool at the Amex in the League Cup again before being shipped off to 'Muff. Poyet thought he was a bit of a "child" to put it kindly if memory serves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here