Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook-sell on?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saw on Sky that he has interest from Prem clubs....inc you know who
Did we arrange any sell on deal?

He signed a 3 and a half year deal at Bournemouth when we apparently sold him for £150k , there could be a sell on clause if we've sold him at that price.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
I think Cooks clauses were to do with appearances, unlike with Elliot Bennett where he has a sell on clause.

I think!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Glad to hear he's going well. I was impressed by him when he made that handful of appearances in the early Amex days and rather surprised that we let him go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree with you. A very stupid decision.

It wasn't really. At that time we had 4 decent centre backs if you include Cook - Greer, El Abd and Dunk. I'd have thought he was happy to move to Bournemouth where they had a new investor and he was going to be given opportunities. You can't stand in the way of a youngster's career, otherwise you'll find no young player will want to come here in the first place.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It wasn't really. At that time we had 4 decent centre backs if you include Cook - Greer, El Abd and Dunk. I'd have thought he was happy to move to Bournemouth where they had a new investor and he was going to be given opportunities. You can't stand in the way of a youngster's career, otherwise you'll find no young player will want to come here in the first place.

All good points, add to that, that Cook may not have developed into the player he has without the regular first team football he's had at Bournemouth. Selling him but including a sell one sounds like the best thing for both club/player, so nothing ''stupid'' about the decision.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yes but let's not let reasoned thought stand in the way of Goldstone's perma-misery. He was 'mad as hell' when Cook left remember.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Argus today said there was a sell on clause - I don't think they said how much it was though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All good points, add to that, that Cook may not have developed into the player he has without the regular first team football he's had at Bournemouth. Selling him but including a sell one sounds like the best thing for both club/player, so nothing ''stupid'' about the decision.

This sounds spot on to me. If he'd stayed, he may well have played zero matches in the last 18 months, and ended up being released, with no moey at all coming into the club.

This way, we got £150k initially, and because he's had the opportunity to play, and develop, we'll pocket some more later.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Was he involved in the Jury Inn affair?
I have it in the back of my mind, we shipped out all involved, pretty sharpish,( except Dunk)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here