Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stag weekend ideas

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Looking for somewhere to go in may next year, ideas needed please for places in Europe to go to. 15 or so, 30 something's, not too expensive, or too far away. Or failing that somewhere in England. Cheers.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
go for a 3 day retreat - improve yourself and get healthy ready for your life ahead as a real man with responsibilities.

or...

get a bunch of young beer drinkers together, fly somewhere, spend a fortune, get drunk, and oggle at half naked girls......

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Looking for somewhere to go in may next year, ideas needed please for places in Europe to go to. 15 or so, 30 something's, not too expensive, or too far away. Or failing that somewhere in England. Cheers.

Nottingham, you could coincide it with our last away game of the season ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't go UK - usually poor in my experience.

Prague is EXCELLENT. Old town is nice during the day, and then 'Darlings' is a must do in the evening - never seen anything like it!
Amsterdam is actually expensive to drink, sure there is the drugs element and red light district, but if a large amount of your group is married etc, not that great for a stag do. Berlin is one of my fave cities in Europe, excellent beer and reasonably priced, and all kinds of nightlife.

Guess it depends on your group and interests. Sofia is really nice, not massive amounts of nightlife, but when you are there, its very cheap. About £5 for a lap dance so I am told. If its during football season, CSKA Sofia are nuts too.

NutterDave

Jan 19, 2012
Mine was in Budapest. Loved it. Beautiful city, loads of decent bars, including some very cool "ruin" ones. Plenty to do. Natural spa baths to cure a hangover. Cheap. Oh, and if you want that kind of thing an English run lap dance place to keep you out of the Eastern European mafia run ones.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Probably a bit late for you, but I'm hoping mine will be the pre-season tour of Spain if the club do it again next year. Getting married on 26/7 so it might be a bit tight.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

Prague is EXCELLENT. Old town is nice during the day, and then 'Darlings' is a must do in the evening - never seen anything like it!
Amsterdam is actually expensive to drink, sure there is the drugs element and red light district, but if a large amount of your group is married etc, not that great for a stag do. Berlin is one of my fave cities in Europe, excellent beer and reasonably priced, and all kinds of nightlife.

Guess it depends on your group and interests. Sofia is really nice, not massive amounts of nightlife, but when you are there, its very cheap. About £5 for a lap dance so I am told. If its during football season, CSKA Sofia are nuts too.

Don't do Berlin. You won't get in any of the decent clubs if there is a big group of you.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
If you have anything like a Cockney /southern accent.......Cardiff Bay, (the valley girls Luurrvvee the southern accent :) ) if you don't get a shag you must be an alien!! :thumbsup:

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

Did Prague for my stag during euro 2006, the groom to be has already said we can't go back as mine was immense, and cannot be topped!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Have done Amsterdam. V expensive and too stoned to recall anything.
you could do the Portsmouth to Bilbao. Drink all the way there and all the way back.

The missus did the trip for her hen, drinking and choppy waters = sick bitches. I know who had the better time :thumbsup:

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Probably a bit late for you, but I'm hoping mine will be the pre-season tour of Spain if the club do it again next year. Getting married on 26/7 so it might be a bit tight.

He's getting married in sept, so that's a good shout, I'm thinking sun, but its not my choice just consulting for the bestman.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Did Barcelona for mine, cheapish flights out and a hostel while there. Spent a few quid on tickets for the New Camp

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A bit different from the normal stag suggestions but consider Albufeira.
Nice weather, great beaches, cheapish hotels, nice food and booze and no other English stags (hopefully) making total tools of themselves all dressed up in ridiculous costumes.
Plenty of golf if you want, good nightlife some with a Brazillian vibe, classy places as well as your normal bars.
And lots of cheap flights to Faro.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here