Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reciprocal pricing on away tickets in Championship

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Following on from similar deals between some Premier League clubs I see Barnsley and Derby County have come to an agreement which will see both clubs charge just £15 for adults away tickets at their two fixtures.

Great idea.

Would be good to see other Championship clubs do the same, particularly for the lengthier away trips.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Following on from similar deals between some Premier League clubs I see Barnsley and Derby County have come to an agreement which will see both clubs charge just £15 for adults away tickets at their two fixtures.

Great idea.

Would be good to see other Championship clubs do the same, particularly for the lengthier away trips.

Fair play to them for agreeing that.

The stumbling block would surely be absorbing any costs that would come with it. The PL teams were each provide 250k by the PL to spend on their away support as they see fit, it wasn't their cash, nor the goodness of their hearts, that prompted it.

I doubt the FL would be willing to donate sums to clubs in the same manner somehow.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The problem at the Amex is that every ticket comes along with a travel voucher worth about £4.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
They could use the FFP fines to subsidise tickets at clubs which comply to FFP.

Ooh I like that, though I would personally prefer it if all clubs were subsidised using the fine regardless of compliance (including the penalised club) as leaving anyone out could be seen as punishing the fans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here