Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peacehaven

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Any Peacehaven Seagulls? I complete on my first property on the 29th.

Never lived there so what is it all about? Any good pubs?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's where I bought mine. Obviously purchased as it was affordable and still in easy reach of Saltdean, ROttingdean and then on to Brighton.

For the place itself? meh. No pubs or that sort to talk about. The meridian centre is handy for the butchers and the relatively good sized co-op but again, it's all about it's relation to Brighton and the Marina for me as well as taking only 15 mins or so to drive to Lewes. Also still only 5-10 mins down from Rottingdean so still lovely for a drink.

Congrats on the completion though!

Last edited:

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
the pubs can have a good atmosphere at times, all different (apart from the drinking obv!)

normally is quiet

ive lived here for nearly 10 years now

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
There's literally nothing to do here. There's a few football teams teams however if you're looking for that. There's the Good Companions and The White Schooner, neither of which have good reputations. But the positive is that it doesn't take that long to get into Brighton and there is plenty of food shops.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's not as good as Newhaven. And Newhaven is awful.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Newhaven , is nearly as bad as Seaford :lol:

Now that's just silly. I've lived in both. The problems with both Newhaven and Peacehaven are that they have no heart, nothing that resembles a shopping centre and no decent pubs or restaurants. Seaford has a great unspoilt seafront too.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Cheers, the location is fine I have Rottingdean close for drinks if it's as bad as it sounds! Tbh with a mortgage not sure I'll be able to afford to go to a pub much longer! Plus Brighton is close. I was just curious if there was anything anyone moving to the should know.

I heard the Pantry is good?

I also heard the good companions has new owners and is a great little sports bar now? True or false? I love sports bars something Brighton is sorely lacking.

Oh and is Big Mouths still as good as my ten year old post football training memories tell me?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
My grandparents lived in Peacehaven for many years. They are both dead now.

I am not sure whether or not those two facts are connected.

Hope this helps.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cheers, the location is fine I have Rottingdean close for drinks if it's as bad as it sounds! Tbh with a mortgage not sure I'll be able to afford to go to a pub much longer! Plus Brighton is close. I was just curious if there was anything anyone moving to the should know.

I also heard the good companions has new owners and is a great little sports bar now? True or false? I love sports bars something Brighton is sorely lacking.

Oh and is Big Mouths still as good as my ten year old post football training memories tell me?

Big Mouths and Newhaven Kebab.

Two fine fine establishments. Yumms

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

big mouths is as good as any uncle sams

*stands well back*

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My grandparents lived in Peacehaven for many years. They are both dead now.

I am not sure whether or not those two facts are connected.

Hope this helps.

Exactly the same here. I'm spotting a pattern.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now that's just silly. I've lived in both. The problems with both Newhaven and Peacehaven are that they have no heart, nothing that resembles a shopping centre and no decent pubs or restaurants. Seaford has a great unspoilt seafront too.

Give it another 20 years and Peacehaven , Newhaven & Seaford will all merge together seamlessly into a conurbation stuck between Brighton on one side and Eastbourne on the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here