Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull : City of Culture

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good Cod! :ohmy:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hull City: the only football league club with no letters you can colour in. But plenty of fish.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Competed with Dundee, Swansea and Leicester for the title- that was some competition!!!!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Why shouldn't Hull get a boost like this?

Measured up against the other candidates (Leicester, Dundee, Swansea), I think it's just as deserving. It has a lot of historical significance and is IMHO a more interesting and attractive city than its reputation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The city of Philip Larkin, Andrew Marvell, Wilberforce, Mick Ronson - why not?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
derr, it's not about recognising how cultured a city already is, it's about encouraging it's development and enhancing what they already have. In the past, it's done wonders for cities like Glasgow, Cardiff and Liverpool.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is that a bit like calling Croydon an Area of Outstanding Beauty ?

Ha;when I saw it on the news,I had similar thoughts such as London Rd. Bognor Regis being voted best street for tasteful high class shopping in the U.K.always frequented by beautiful people!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Press statement from the Mayor Of Hull's office earlier this morning:

"I can't take the smile off my face. For too long we've been regarded as unfashionable and second-class citizens but this is a huge chance for us to turn on the style and show the rest of the world what we can do. It's the sort of result that can change people's lives, and I can guarantee you this city will be partying all weekend. But enough about the Palace match, has anyone got any questions about The City Of Culture?..."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here