Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch v Groves

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Groves is talking the talk but I don't think he is in the same class as Froch but I think it'll take Froch 6-8 rounds to catch him & stop him.
Last Froch fight I watched in the Palmeira, anyone know what pubs in Hove/Brighton are showing it Saturday night, i'm guessing will start 10.30/11pm.
Anyone think Groves can pull off an upset??

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm not sure where everybody gets this Froch is a world class fighter from ? He is not world class from beating a past it Kessler who beat Froch when they boxed before and Froch is not even the real champion of the world as that is Andre Ward who boxed Froch's ears off him and made him look like a mug.

I prefer to base my prediction on the Ward fight which showed Froch is far from top class where the unbeaten Boy George has stepped up to the plate every time and still retains his unbeaten record so nobody knows how good he is.

It is interesting that their only common opponent was Glen Johnson and Groves boxed beautifully and thrashed him winning every round whilst Froch struggled to a majority decision win over him.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I suppose it depends on what the definition of world class, this I think is Froch's 11th world title fight so I think he is up there.
Time will tell but I don't see Groves hurting Froch, his only chance I think is to evade being caught badly which I cant see happening.

I'm not sure where everybody gets this Froch is a world class fighter from ? He is not world class from beating a past it Kessler who beat Froch when they boxed before and Froch is not even the real champion of the world as that is Andre Ward who boxed Froch's ears off him and made him look like a mug.

I prefer to base my prediction on the Ward fight which showed Froch is far from top class where the unbeaten Boy George has stepped up to the plate every time and still retains his unbeaten record so nobody knows how good he is.

It is interesting that their only common opponent was Glen Johnson and Groves boxed beautifully and thrashed him winning every round whilst Froch struggled to a majority decision win over him.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I can't wait.

Groves has nothing to lose being only 25yrs old. Whereas if Froch loses I don't see where he can turn next.

That said I think Froch will win it late on, but I'd love to see an upset.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
IF Froch loses the only big fight for him would be a rematch on Box office earning a few more million but his career would be over,
he confirmed if he had lost against Bute a couple of fights ago he would've retired.

I can't wait.

Groves has nothing to lose being only 25yrs old. Whereas if Froch loses I don't see where he can turn next.

That said I think Froch will win it late on, but I'd love to see an upset.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I'm a big fan of both so I'm a little disappointed with the animosity, but that's boxing I suppose...

Going to stick money on Froch to stop Groves in the latter rounds. Will also put something on Groves to win on points as I wouldn't rule that out.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
That bet sounds about right!

I'm a big fan of both so I'm a little disappointed with the animosity, but that's boxing I

suppose...

Going to stick money on Froch to stop Groves in the latter rounds. Will also put something on Groves to win on points as I wouldn't rule that out.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

What makes someone a world class fighter then?

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land

He has been at world level a long time & this is his 11th world title fight I think....so defo world class!
I think Groves deserves his shot but I just cant see him hurting Froch, but cant wait to see it!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

A world class fighter of which there are few at the moment is someone like Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather, to me Froch is a good class European fighter who has struggled at the very top class i.e. against Ward and a tip top Kessler. Saturdays fight in the old days would be a European & British title fight and it is a bit cheap classing it as a World title when Froch lost in the Super 6 and against Ward. Too many belts dilute the quality and whilst I'm looking forward to the scrap it is not a true World title fight and Froch is not a true World champ until he beats Andre Ward, if he does that then he deserves to be called World Class.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A world class fighter of which there are few at the moment is someone like Andre Ward and Floyd Mayweather, to me Froch is a good class European fighter who has struggled at the very top class i.e. against Ward and a tip top Kessler. Saturdays fight in the old days would be a European & British title fight and it is a bit cheap classing it as a World title when Froch lost in the Super 6 and against Ward. Too many belts dilute the quality and whilst I'm looking forward to the scrap it is not a true World title fight and Froch is not a true World champ until he beats Andre Ward, if he does that then he deserves to be called World Class.
This, spot on.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Can't disagree with Ernest. The Ward vs Froch fight was a farce. Froch couldn't hit Ward with a handful of rice and then he had the gall to come out afterwards and say that Ward didn't want to fight!! That's the problem I have with British fighters - ie they all seem to want to have a tear-up and prove how tough they are (Amir Kahn is case in point as he is an excellent boxer with a apparent glass chin. If he just boxed, he'd be outclassing more opponents).

If Groves can stay behind his jab and avoid long/frequent exchanges with Froch he has a very good chance (Similar to what he done Vs DeGale where he frustrated the win from him). But if he decides to go blow-for-blow then he'll get beaten due to his inferior chin. I for one, have this down as a Froch win on points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here