Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Month Python together again.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Confirmed today by Terry Jones. Full details to be released on Thursday buta "major project" apparently. I can't stand Monty Python. Any of it but I know some on here will be pleased/horrified.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
BBC

All of the surviving members of comedy group Monty Python are to reform for a stage show, one of the Pythons, Terry Jones, has confirmed.

"We're getting together and putting on a show - it's real," Jones told the BBC.

"I'm quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!"

The reunion is expected to be announced officially at a press conference being held in London on Thursday.

John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Jones are all due to appear at the event, which was first revealed in the Sun.

Eric Idle also tweeted on Monday: "Only three days to go till the Python press conference. Make sure Python fans are alerted to the big forthcoming news event."

He added on Tuesday: "Python meeting this morning. Can't wait. Press Conference Thursday will apparently be live on Sky News. I'll get you the online URL."

John Cleese The Ministry of Silly Walks is an iconic Monty Python's sketch
The last time the five remaining members of the iconic comedy group appeared together was in 1998 at the Aspen Comedy Festival.

The sixth member of the comedy troupe, Graham Chapman, died in 1989.

The press conference will take place at the theatre where Monty Python's Spamalot is running - The Playhouse Theatre in London's West End.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Thank god for that . Saw the Parrot Sketch on BBC news earlier and thought John Cleese had died .

Defo get tickets for this if it's a tour or an O2 jobbie. Saw them at the Dome in '74. Hilarious.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find them very unfunny and irritating. Or the films they made. Whenever I think of Monty Python I think of lots of men making silly noises and Michael Palin bobbing around and gurning. It's just noise. Like dogs barking.

You know when you have the radio on in the background and it' splaying jazz but you don't notice it for a while then you register it and want to scream and have to run over and turn it off? That's how I feel about Python. If it's on and I haven't noticed it I think "Jesus, what is annoying me so much?!" Then I realise it's those idiots screeching and talking gibberish. I don't know why I started this thread I hate Monty Python.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
"I hope it makes us a lot of money."

So DVD sales of the movies and Flying Circus have been affected by torrenting and other forms of digital distribution...

I love Python and good luck to them but I think I'll give this a miss thanks.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Will be interesting but too pricey fo rme I'd imagine - will wait for it to be on Channel 4 in a few years time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw John Cleese interviewed a few times when promoting his alimony tour after his divorce. Came across as a bitter and unpleasant man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He is a known twàt isn't he?

So I've heard but only really watched these interviews and they certainly backed that idea up. I find Eric Idle a bore as well. Michael Palin I like though, perhaps because he has forged an interesting, long term career after Python and generally seems rather affable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So I've heard but only really watched these interviews and they certainly backed that idea up. I find Eric Idle a bore as well. Michael Palin I like though, perhaps because he has forged an interesting, long term career after Python and generally seems rather affable.

Agree with all that.

I definitely LIKE Palin, and as you say he seems a very AFFABLE chap. Funny, though?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I like the fact the Gazet van Antwerpen, one of Belgium's biggest daily newspapers, chose to illustrate the reunion story with this clip:

[yt]PrvXoin9NcA[/yt]

Personally I am also underwhelmed by the news. They were great in their day, but their day was over 40 years ago. Time to move on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agree with all that.

I definitely LIKE Palin, and as you say he seems a very AFFABLE chap. Funny, though?

No, not going by Python days anyway. Good dinner guest I reckon.

I by no means have proof of this but I imagine Terry Gilliam having a voracious appetite for cocaine and prostitutes. Only what I imagine though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, not going by Python days anyway. Good dinner guest I reckon.

Absolutely. I'd imagine he'd bring with him a really good bottle of wine, and possibly some flowers for your mrs, and would even offer to help do the washing up. You wouldn't let him though - that would be a liberty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here