Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Okay who believes in ghosts?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I didn't until earlier this year... but now I am not so sure and after this morning I am positively curious.
Some of you may remember my posting a couple of weeks ago about Janet Brown - the young girl from Shoreham who died way back in 1962 and other related events.
Well this morning for my wife and I, things became seriously spooky.
Is it a Poltergeist or ghost?
Would welcome comments or ideas????
Oh and it was daylight and no drink or drugs involved!
http://seagullnic.wordpress.com/2013/11/19/everything-stays-down-where-its-wounded/

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I was in bed in an old farm in Devon about 20 years ago.

For no reason at all, it started to shake alot. needless to say, I got out and went downstairs.

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
The concept of ghosts (spirits) was created by the early catholic bishops in order
to instil fear (obedience) into the masses.
It still works apparently.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only spirits I believe in are distilled in Scotland.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
An eccentric called T.C Lethbridge did some investigations and writings into the subject a fair few years ago. If you brush away some of the more extreme elements of his writings, you do find some interesting hypotheses - mainly connected to many 'ghost' sightings taking place close to bodies of water etc.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
To believe in Ghosts is to believe that when you die your soul carries on... which as far as I am concerned is a bit silly.

Oh, and why do you never see a ghost rabbit? It always seems to be an old Victorian lady or a weird child.

My personal belief is that the human mind is VERY easily tricked and manipulated.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The concept of ghosts (spirits) was created by the early catholic bishops in order

Have you ever heard of Pliny the Younger? Or do you just hate Catholics?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I think belief in the spirit world has been around a lot, lot longer than the Catholic church. People may not have feared them as much but the Catholic church categorically did not create the concept of spirits.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't believe in much, but I believe in this:
My personal belief is that the human mind is VERY easily tricked and manipulated.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Ghosts do not exist, but it is a fact that people can become confused and see things that aren't there.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
**** that for a game of soldiers, looks like you might have a demon in there.... get some religious items/symbols up asap

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To believe in Ghosts is to believe that when you die your soul carries on... which as far as I am concerned is a bit silly.

Oh, and why do you never see a ghost rabbit? It always seems to be an old Victorian lady or a weird child.

Maybe rabbits see ghost rabbits?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
settled.png

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why do people never report seeing ghost cavemen?

I'm by no means a paranormal expert but I'd hazard a guess at they've no real reason to wander this life anymore unlike someone who say, devoted their life to working in a certain place or had a strong emotional attachment to a building or person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here