Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway keen to comeback [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Conway keen to comeback[/h]5:00am Tuesday 19th November 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2689328.jpg
Craig Conway has got back in the Scotland team during his time with Albion
Craig*Conway is keen to return to Albion after his loan spell ends next month.
The on-loan Cardiff winger is enjoying his stint with the Seagulls and believes it has helped his international chances with Scotland.
Four successive starts for Conway have coincided with an unbeaten run for Albion.
He also earned a late recall to the Scotland squad and a place in the starting line-up for Friday night’s 0-0 friendly draw against the USA at Hampden Park.
Conway said: “It’s going really well at Brighton. I’m playing, I’m enjoying it and that’s what keeps me in with a chance of a Scotland jersey.
“My emergency loan runs out on December 14, you’re only allowed 93 days, so I can’t go out on loan again or move permanently until January 1.
“I’ve got games to play before I need to worry about that. I could potentially go back to Brighton, though. I’ll just need to go back to Cardiff and train.
“I’d rather be out playing than sitting rotting away at Cardiff. I’d hate to be one of those players who sits and just picks up his wages at a team. I want to play.”
Conway is available to Albion for five more games: at Wigan on Saturday, away to Bournemouth the following week, back-to-back home games against Barnsley and Leicester next month and at Middlesbrough in mid-December. The Seagulls’ interest in re-signing him could hinge on the well-being of the currently sidelined Kazenga LuaLua and the versatile Andrea Orlandi.
Conway is likely to be on the bench for Scotland for tonight’s friendly in Norway. Albion team-mate Gordon Greer makes his second successive start in the centre of defence in a new partnership with Brighton-born Russell Martin in the absence of the injured Grant Hanley.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here