Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long have you lived in your current abode?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I was reading about Bozza's imminent house move and the thought of all that upheaval gave me the shivers (I hate moving to a new home).
How long have you lived in your current house?

Me,13 years and probably staying for the foreseeable future.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We've been here at Foul Play HQ for six years now and have no plans to move ever. We were lucky that we managed to find somewhere that will be our house for life. Even when the kids are gone we should be able to manage the place in our old age. It's so nice to feel settled and not go through the stress of moving. Bring on the pottering round the garden and the slight smell of wee.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I've only been in my current place for two years and only now have decided to spend some time and money on it...quite frankly it's been like living in a building site for all that time as the first thing I did when I moved in was to rip out cupboards in the lounge alcoves, one in the kitchen and one in the hall.

I couldn't store anything in them as they were....they were damp and dated back 50 or 60 years. Trouble was I didn't replace them with anything so I still have stuff packed in boxes stacked in those spaces except the hallway where I have installed a fridge/freezer.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Moved from central Brighton (North Gardens) to the country 9 years ago. After an initial period of adjustment, it was too bloody quiet I couldn't get to sleep, have settled in nicely and can't see me and Mrs Owl moving for a while.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Funnily enough Mrs G and I were just talking about this: we moved to our current home nine years ago today. Can't see us moving for a while - this is just the right mix of a quiet neighbourhood and good connections. And I can get to the Amex in 10 minutes

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This is my 6th house but I've been here for 30 years so it can't be too bad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Transient could have been made for me/us. We've been here 4 years and will likely move in the next 12 months (contemplating where but likely Seaford, Eastbourne or Cooden). Have lived in probably 10 places over past 25 years all due to work. There's been positives, but many more negatives

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm on my 5th house (owned), 15th (lived in). I love moving house - it's like being on holiday for the first few months. We've been in our current house for three and a half years - this is our second longest ever. I suppose the things we're looking for change every so often - current house is great, but the garden's too big and it's our first time living in a village and I think we've concluded that we're townies and like being able to walk into town when we like, get takeaways/food delivered, not to have to use the car to get everywhere. Worried a bit about the noise the children might make though - electric guitar, drums, trumpet, clarinet and piano are played in our house, so having no near neighbours is probably a good thing for the community. Think we'll move within two years.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Nearly nine years (after 1 year in the previous one). Hard to see us moving as we have everything we want on our doorstep (except the Amex). All four of us walk to work. Five minutes walk from the station, five minutes drive to the M25, five minutes cycle to the countryside.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
7 years and counting. As much as I love my place, I'm starting to get very tired of being in a flat (i.e. upstairs neighbours stomping around, tiny garden), so thinking it may just about be time to give up the central location and get a house and decent-sized garden. In fact, I'd like an acre or so, so it looks like a move to the sticks...

I will find it VERY difficult to give up the easy walk to so many decent boozers though - I can walk to the Coopers Cask, Freemasons, Wick or Robin Hood all in under 5 mins. Gah!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
20 years last month, just decorated the lounge. I f*cking hate decorating!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Four years here moved to West Wales for work, house now on the market to move back to Sussex, will probably be here for another 20 years!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
After living with my parents in Patcham for the first 26 years of my life (in the same house for all that time), I moved to a flat in Ditchling Road and stayed there for just over a year. During that time I met the current Mrs Frogs and we upped sticks and moved to Hailsham, spawning our first sprog at that time. We decided Hailsham was just a bit too quiet for us, so we moved to Hampden Park, Eastbourne where sprog number 2 arrived.

We have now been here since December 1997 and will be for a few more years until the kids leave home. We will then look for a bungalow as our current home is over three floors with our bedroom being on the top floor. Can't be doing with all those stairs for too much longer!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
10 months. I still have a house in Brighton which I have had for 11 years but I have not lived in it all the time. Personally I get bored being in one place for too long but in saying that I do enjoy the comfort and security of knowing I can always go back to my place in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here