Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are not as good as The Good Old Days

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
For me chocolate biscuits have much less choc on them.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This could be the longest list ever...

On the subject of your suggestion, it's pretty ridiculous how bloody small everything is when food shopping now. I noticed the other day that the standard size for a block of cheddar seems to have fallen to 350g (it used to be 500g). Such an underhand way of doing business. Also, did you know that the tins of Roses, Quality Street etc. are approaching HALF the size of what they used to be!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
W.anking it just doesn't have the same appeal for me nowadays.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If the good old days are the 90s, then they aren't as good as the good old days' good old days, which were the 70s

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The tins(?) of Roses Celebrations and Qualiy Street for Christmas have less in them this year. The only things that dont change are postage stamps a 1p stamp is still 1p etc but gets less for the money.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The demise of the corner shop

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Cars are much better but driving and parking is not as good as the old days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One of the biggest increases I would think is in Fish and Chips pre decimal 6d of chips became 6p with decimalisation and now paying £1.20 plus for a portion of chips.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
With the probability I'll appear to be Victor Meldrew, there is hardly anything that is as good as it was, bar gadgetry, techno stuff. Nearly all food products taste of nothing, seems everything now is aimed at giving less for more. Oh Well.:down:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Paul Weller. Even when he sings his old songs, he destroys them:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ecstasy and MDMA.

The first few times are the best even if it's not as pure. Definitely to do with serotonin in the brain. :mad:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Telly is not so good as the gold old days. Strictly X-factor's Got Talent Gemmeoutahere. Meh.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Everything. I can remember when you could go out for the evening, drink 8 pints of Old Thumper, have fish and chips on the way home and still get change out of a farthing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here