Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting The Train Dispatch Concentration Test for Southern

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello one and all. I will be sitting the test tomorrow and i have one question. Do you have to remember the map they provide or do they leave it with you?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Hello one and all. I will be sitting the test tomorrow and i have one question. Do you have to remember the map they provide or do they leave it with you?

If you don't know the answer to that you have failed already im afraid!

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
pokypie. That's the part I am struggling with. I am getting the dispatching right, but finding the map part a little tricky.

Please don't be too harsh.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Did you not think about asking them this question.

Surely you would have confirmation outlying what you need etc?

Good Luck.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm genuinely intrigued to learn that rail employees are issued with a map. What does it show? "Arse" on one side and "elbow" on the other?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never too old to change jobs eh?

theboybilly

When you get to the interview stage I imagine they'll want you to at least have knowledge of where Southern trains go. Just take a note of where their trains terminate and add a few important interchange stations like East Croydon, Three Bridges, Barnham , Horsham and Oxted.
It doesn't hurt to gen up on stuff like when the franchise is up (2015) and passenger numbers. You can add that you are aware that Three Bridges is going to be hugely important in future as the new signalling centre for the whole region will be based there as well as a new depot for maintaining coaching stock.
Good luck, I hope to see you out there somewhere.

Jan 30, 2008
When you get to the interview stage I imagine they'll want you to at least have knowledge of where Southern trains go. Just take a note of where their trains terminate and add a few important interchange stations like East Croydon, Three Bridges, Barnham , Horsham and Oxted.
It doesn't hurt to gen up on stuff like when the franchise is up (2015) and passenger numbers. You can add that you are aware that Three Bridges is going to be hugely important in future as the new signalling centre for the whole region will be based there as well as a new depot for maintaining coaching stock.
Good luck, I hope to see you out there somewhere.
role play part of the test is even better:D
regards
DR

Platform 3 at Brighton Station is the only one that allows trains to access West Coastway, Brighton Mainline and East Coastway routes, but only for trains up to 4 cars in length. That will impress them and you will get given an anorak as a prize.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
At which stage do they show you the well-worn button for pre-recorded, oh-so-sincere apology announcements?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here