Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England team to face ze Germans

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Hart, Walker, Smalling, Jagielka, Cole, Gerrard (capt), Cleverley, Townsend, Rooney, Lallana and Sturridge.

Cleverley is back rejoice :clap:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany will be fielding a very weakened side: no Ozil, Lahm, Schweinstiger, Khedira or Neuer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Germany in so many respects is a much better country than England, and has been for a while. Anyone disagreeing with this really needs to open their eyes comparitively to:

education.
art.
health.
economy.
poverty.
crime.
chavs equivalence.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Germany in so many respects is a much better country than England, and has been for a while. Anyone disagreeing with this really needs to open their eyes comparitively to:

education.
art.
health.
economy.
poverty.
crime.
chavs equivalence.

Fashion?

retromullethaircut.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the germans can have all the world cups and cycle lanes they want they will always have the mark of cain on them.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It is debatable as to has been the worst for England him or Ross Barkley, both it is said by many to have potential

Has Barkley even started a game yet? Think he's only made two sub appearances and is still very young so a bit harsh.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I knew we were playing Chile the other day but had no idea we were playing Germany, a few years ago I would of been counting down the days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Barkley has looked poor when he has been brought on but has been over hyped up as the future of English football. He is only 5 months younger than Alex Oxo Chamberpot and Theo Walcott is 24 having made his début for England in 2006 yes 7 years ago so was only 17.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think that Barkley has looked poor when he has been brought on but has been over hyped up as the future of English football. He is only 5 months younger than Alex Oxo Chamberpot and Theo Walcott is 24 having made his début for England in 2006 yes 7 years ago so was only 17.

He's played 44 minutes of international football in two appearances, both off the bench. Surely a bit too soon to be writing him off?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not writing him off just saying he is being hailed as the future of English football and I fail to see it but then his supporters remark on him being young but as I pointed out many have started younger.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not writing him off just saying he is being hailed as the future of English football and I fail to see it but then his supporters remark on him being young but as I pointed out many have started younger.

Ross Barkley is 19. David Beckham made his debut for England aged 21 and was brilliant. Theo Walcott made his debut aged 17 and has been awful for England. Different players develop differently. Barkley has been playing well for Everton but has barely featured for England, so it's too early to be making bold statements I feel.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's a friendly - couldn't not give one toss about the result, as long as the management learn something from what they try.

My sentiments exactly, though with the general media hoo-har and public outcry after poor results, it'll be a miracle if much in the way of different players/tactics are tried...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My sentiments exactly, though with the general media hoo-har and public outcry after poor results, it'll be a miracle if much in the way of different players/tactics are tried...

Indeed. The tabloid reaction is inhibiting them from playing a team they would want to, for fear of losing and Hodsgon being hounded "2 defeats in a row, out, out, out".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here