Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puppy farming - Your chance to express a view.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's time that action is taken to stamp out this vile trade. I've just signed Marc Abraham's e-petition and I hope that as many NSCers as possible will wish to do likewise. A link to the petition is included below for ease of reference:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/49528

Cheers all and a big thank you from all dogs and dog lovers.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Signed
having been to some of the puppy farms in Wales and seen and had to re-home some of the cats and kittens from the part time breeders I wish I could have signed it many times

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Only 2 signatures from 136 views so far - a disappointing uptake. Oh well - perhaps the log lovers have yet to read.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Went to sign it, turns out I already have as it recognised my email!

Hopefully something will finally get done about this!

theboybilly

I've signed. I've just taken in an unwanted kitten, and at the weekend will have two rescue Staffie puppies in the house. It'll be bedlam but we'll all love it. I can't believe how many animals are being sold on dodgy websites. I'll only ever take abandoned or unwanted pets now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I bet most of those who signed the petition buy 2 chickens for a fiver from Tesco

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I bet most of those who signed the petition buy 2 chickens for a fiver from Tesco

Still on page 1 and a massive tangent! Just what the heck has this for to do with it?!! When are you going to link Hitler to your argument?!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I've signed. I've just taken in an unwanted kitten, and at the weekend will have two rescue Staffie puppies in the house. It'll be bedlam but we'll all love it. I can't believe how many animals are being sold on dodgy websites. I'll only ever take abandoned or unwanted pets now.

Good for you mate!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I noticed on the local news the petition starter was putting a lot of the blame on Welsh puppy farms (well I know I don't particularly like the welsh) but a lot of the puppy farms up there are run by English who had been driven there as the laws are a bit lax and the Welsh farmers and smallholders are only to happy to sell them to the English breeders.
the local MP up there had done quite a bit to stop this, but I think he either lost his seat or lost interest, I did help some of the groups up there(mostly phone work) mostly women who you really would not want to argue with and the Assembly had managed to close some of them down, but it does seem like that was enough and it all fell quiet and now it has reared its ugly head again

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still on page 1 and a massive tangent! Just what the heck has this for to do with it?!! When are you going to link Hitler to your argument?!!

A nation of animal lovers yet largely addicted to factory farmed meat. Sorry, I smell hypocrisy on mass...

theboybilly

The irony is that I was given a Staffie pup as a birthday present in 1999. She was born in Carmarthen...our 'Taffy Staffie' if you will. She was brilliant, and I loved her to bits. But I didn't realise just what was going on then. I've since come across Staffie bitches thrown out just because they've come to the end of their reproductive life. Horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here