Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is great!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's great. Who is it? Sounds a bit like the Nightingales :thumbsup:
We did a gig with the nightingales a few years ago, they were lazy ****s, insisted on using all our gear and were frankly less than bang average . . . . More than A few die hards thought we were better On the day. I'd never heard of them so was impartial.

good on them for generating some kind of income doing it, although I suspect it's merely topping up dole money.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We did a gig with the nightingales a few years ago, they were lazy *****, insisted on using all our gear and were frankly less than bang average . . . . More than A few die hards thought we were better On the day. I'd never heard of them so was impartial.

good on them for generating some kind of income doing it, although I suspect it's merely topping up dole money.
I always like 'Joking apart' and especially 'Elvis, the last 10 days'. But laziness of construction and execution was their thing. To The Fall what Stimulin was to A Certain Ratio :shrug:
:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I like this country tinged version which then veers off into a ska influenced chorus.....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Nina sings George Harrison (to an epic level)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm listening to an album by M. Ward and he covers 'Oh Lonesome Me!' I checked the liner notes to find out who his duet partner was and found it was Lucinda Williams. Decent enough version, but doesn't spank the original. Hold on though, what's this next to the words 'Written by'? Don Gibson? Well that was a huge gap in my knowledge. I knew that Gibson was a very decent songwriter responsible for 'Sweet Dreams' and 'I Can't Stop Loving You', but his penning of this had passed me by. I've checked out Gibson's original from 1958 and its a decent enough country pop tune. However, its no contest and I now know that this thread has been missing this:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am a MASSIVE fan of Mr Kitty, but this cover...has over 50,000 thumbs up.

What a strange world.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here