Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When CMS returns...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Do you see him getting much game time now we have Lita and Leo? He will be down the pecking order in my opinion. Has he been a bad piece of unlucky business for us looking back? Over to you

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes

Actually suits the style of play we have now rather than the Poyet vision.

I don't blame CMS for his lack of success so far, just think Gus got carried away with the funds he had at his disposal and bought a player that everyone wanted yet didn't fit our style of play under Gus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think a lot depends on whether he has regained his pace. A ruptured achilles is a very nasty injury that means he may not fully be as quick as he once was.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Yes

Actually suits the style of play we have now rather than the Poyet vision.

I don't blame CMS for his lack of success so far, just think Gus got carried away with the funds he had at his disposal and bought a player that everyone wanted yet didn't fit our style of play under Gus.

Be interesting to see how OG plays him. Might be a better link man with Ulloa feeding off of his knock downs. For me Lita is proven at this level and higher so would be my choice over CMS

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Be interesting to see how OG plays him. Might be a better link man with Ulloa feeding off of his knock downs. For me Lita is proven at this level and higher so would be my choice over CMS

Was proven, been a while since he really performed at this level, no doubting his ability and his past achievements but has he still got it. I'd rather we had Leo, CMS and Lita as our options

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I think a lot depends on whether he has regained his pace. A ruptured achilles is a very nasty injury that means he may not fully be as quick as he once was.

This is what I was wondering. Plus the mental strength required will be huge

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll be very useful against teams that come for the draw and park the bus. He gives teams less time on the ball and upsets their rhythm.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

If he comes back lacking a bit of pace that might be a blessing in disguise in a strange kind of way. He could still be our fox in the box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'll get a chance. As someone pointed out a while ago on here, he does seem to be perceived as being better and better the longer his injury woes have gone on.

He was incredibly frustrating with his lack of ball control and ability to complement the side imo. Time will tell whether the new tactics will suit his style better.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ahead of Lita and Barnes I feel. Lita will be going back to Swansea too if CMS plays well before his deal ends.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leo and Lita would be my preferred front two. Both can hold the ball up, win it in the air, and are better at finishing than CMS or Barnes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
CMS to come in; Lita to go back (assuming Barnes stays). A strikeforce of Ulloa, Barnes and CMS – when we normally only play one up front – is good enough for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do you see him getting much game time now we have Lita and Leo? He will be down the pecking order in my opinion. Has he been a bad piece of unlucky business for us looking back? Over to you

Hey don't forget Ash as an option up front too. Remember he has a ratio of one goal about every three games when played as a striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here