Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion Hunter criticised for killing "beautiful" animal (her words)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
http://www.theage.com.au/world/lion...d-in-barrage-of-criticism-20131116-2xnum.html

BYtsMTsxIARCodg-556x313-noPad.jpg

Hysterical over reaction from the bleeding heart tree huggers or proof that we are becoming more civilized and killing animals on the vulnerable list for sport is barbaric.

Huge contradiction of a moron for me as she calls something beautiful and then shoots it for 'sport'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
She did nothing illegal, as such it's nobody elses business. Given it's in the left wing tree hugging hand wringing Age, I'm going with massive overeaction.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Only 32,000 left in the wild and someone points a gun at one and kills one, for what? There's not even any skill in it. Lions must be pretty hard to miss. I wish it had eaten her.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
She did nothing illegal, as such it's nobody elses business. Given it's in the left wing tree hugging hand wringing Age, I'm going with massive overeaction.

As proven by all the left wing governments in power around the world .Oh!

Though the world would be a far better place if everyone were left wing handwringers.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As proven by all the left wing governments in power around the world .Oh!

Though the world would be a far better place if everyone were left wing handwringers.

No it wouldn't. Left wing ideology kills individualism. It's also kills more people than any other ideology on the planet and been resposible for some of the most brutal regimes the planet has known.

Communism is responsible for the loss of more human life than facism, fact. Let's not pretend left wing ideology is the answer to anything.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If a human can track an animal, an animal can track a human ever better. To not be detected by an animal is a skill.

Sniper guns must be a massive/unfair advantage? It looks as if she's used one. Why not shoot the lion with a paintball gun instead?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
squeezing a trigger and looking down a sight to shoot a massive 'beautiful' lion? how tricky?

If you think that's all that's involved in hunting then i'm afraid you're clueless in regards to the subject of hunting.

Tyronne, if you think this silly bitch did anything more than Badfish suggested, then you are the clueless one on the subject of this type of hunting. She would have been put in front of the beast, so probably Badfishes summing up is probably spot on. Whilst I agree that hunting in the true sense is an amazing skill, there is absolutely no skill in this type of "game" hunting. In fact to call it hunting is an insult to the word.

Believe me I am as far from a bleeding heart tree hugging lefty as they come, but I fail to see why anyone can get any pleasure from doing this type of hunting. Pathetic is only label I can put on this type of people.

Go out into the wood with a 12 bore shotgun and shoot a rabbit or pigeon or whatever else and eat it, then fine, I've no problem with that, or go and hunt a lion to feed your village, then fair play to them, but to kill an animal, any animal, just for the pleasure of it, without any skill being used, then I'm afraid they are more than a bit sick in the head.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Go out into the wood with a 12 bore shotgun and shoot a rabbit or pigeon or whatever else and eat it, then fine, I've no problem with that, or go and hunt a lion to feed your village, then fair play to them, but to kill an animal, any animal, just for the pleasure of it, without any skill being used, then I'm afraid they are more than a bit sick in the head.
This. Kill something if you need to eat it or it's threatening you - killing something just to put a picture up on Facebook saying you did it shows immense disrespect for the animal involved.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If a human can track an animal, an animal can track a human ever better. To not be detected by an animal is a skill.
Hardly a skill when you are driven by Safari truck within a few meters of the animal by a trained safari tracker. If she went out into the bush on her own and done the deed, then fair play to her. Your making her out be something like Crocodile Dundee, rather than some sad bitch driven round by a "game hunter" and handed a gun to kill a lion..... whats the matter with her, couldn't see afford the fee for a Rhino?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you think that's all that's involved in hunting then i'm afraid you're clueless in regards to the subject of hunting.

Happy to remain so I know all i need to know about hunting. It is a barbaric and moronic pass time for those who are sadly lacking something inside.

That she sees an animal as "beautiful" and then kills it suggests to me that something is severely wrong in her mind and in her soul.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No it wouldn't. Left wing ideology kills individualism. It's also kills more people than any other ideology on the planet and been resposible for some of the most brutal regimes the planet has known.

Communism is responsible for the loss of more human life than facism, fact. Let's not pretend left wing ideology is the answer to anything.

What you describe is left wing ideology tainted and corrupted by those very right virtues of greed and power. The left wing ideology I believe in is based peace acceptance and allowing people to be who they are.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sniper guns must be a massive/unfair advantage? It looks as if she's used one. Why not shoot the lion with a paintball gun instead?

....or take it on hand to hand/claw. Now this would be 'sport' as god intended

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tyronne, if you think this silly bitch did anything more than Badfish suggested, then you are the clueless one on the subject of this type of hunting. She would have been put in front of the beast, so probably Badfishes summing up is probably spot on. Whilst I agree that hunting in the true sense is an amazing skill, there is absolutely no skill in this type of "game" hunting. In fact to call it hunting is an insult to the word.

Believe me I am as far from a bleeding heart tree hugging lefty as they come, but I fail to see why anyone can get any pleasure from doing this type of hunting. Pathetic is only label I can put on this type of people.

Well if you're not a hunter then obviously you wouldn't see why they enjoy it. Personally I wouldn't want to shoot a lion because they do nothing for me. I like shooting kangaroos though.

I'd bet 60 yards away even with a sight Badfish would miss. Seen people 10 metres away with a sight miss their target. Simply pointing and shooting is rubbish.

She would have paid a lot of money to shoot that lion, so the local community would have benefited from it.

It also means the local community doesn't poach the animals themselves but protects them like an asset. Affording the animals greater protection from being shot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here