Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vettel the best ever?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They interviewed Stirling moss the other day and he said vettel is the best there has been...even better than fangio and schumakker.

If he says so, then I will go with him.

Personally I think it is more interesting that a team basically run from an energy drink that pulverises the factory works teams like Ferrari and Renault/ Maclaren is the real skill in all of this.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Senna hands down. Vettel has nobody even close to rival him at the moment in terms of a car.

He is a very good clinical driver but nowhere near the greatest.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
They interviewed Stirling moss the other day and he said vettel is the best there has been...even better than fangio and schumakker.

If he says so, then I will go with him.

Personally I think it is more interesting that a team basically run from an energy drink that pulverises the factory works teams like Ferrari and Renault/ Maclaren is the real skill in all of this.

I think Stirling Moss is going a bit senile in his old age. Back in 1992 when Nigel Mansell won his championship, Moss said at an end of season awards ceremony that his granny could have won in that years Williams FW15B. Strange he doesn't feel the same way about Vettels red bull car these past four years. As for Vettel being the best ever unless you put him in the same car as an Alonso or Hamilton, we will not even know if he's the best of the present generation. His present teamate Webber is not much more than a journeyman driver.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My respect and opinion of him was lost when he ignore team orders earlier in the season when overtaking Webber when he did not need to.
Just showed that he has no respect for the team that employ him.

Always though he was a genuine nice bloke but since then have no time for him.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Vetted has no or very little competition in terms of other drivers, go back to the Senna days, it was pure driving skill, and that alone makes him the best ever.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Vettel is an amazing driver and certainly top ten of all time. As for the best ever, much of his success is down to the Red Bull car and genius designer Adrian Newey; he can rightly claim he is the best ever.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
My respect and opinion of him was lost when he ignore team orders earlier in the season when overtaking Webber when he did not need to.
Just showed that he has no respect for the team that employ him.

Always though he was a genuine nice bloke but since then have no time for him.
That boosted my respect for him. Why should he let someone else win? Formula 1 is a sport, not a precession.
How would you have felt if you had placed a bet on him to win and he didn't try to win?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not so sure. The frailties showed inMontreal 2 years ago when Jenson chased him down, nah he bottled it.

good example,when you think what Senna did to both William's at Donington

Vettel wouldn't make top 5 at the moment

1 Senna
2 Prost
3 Alonso
4 Schumacher

then include the like's of Nuvolari,Fangio and Jim Clark

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can he be judged the best driver ever when his car is so good that it opens gaps of up to two seconds a lap at the start? Webber is very average and offers minimal competition to Vettel. When Vettel has a car on a par with his rivals and has to actually fight other drivers and make the overtaking moves, I'll concede he's the best. At the moment I believe he'd do not better than Alonso, Kimi, Grosjean and Hamilton if he was in their cars.

Way way too much hype over him. He has had the best car for 4 years, I really hope he doesn't next year. THEN we'll find out how good he really is.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I respect Vettels DRIVING ability a lot but he definitely is favoured massively by Red Bull and has that spoilt brat attitude if he doesn't get his own way, no doubt he is a good driver but it's clear how much faster the Red Bull has been for the second half of the season than any other car. I think the people who think he's the best ever need to think - if you put Senna/Alondo/Hamilton in the same car, who would win? We'll probably never find out because spoilt Vettel gets his own way. Vettel has just been exceptionally lucky he chose Adrian Neweys team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Fangio always made sure he started a season in the best car. His 5 titles came with 5 different teams - he'd even change teams mid-season if it suited him.

We'll discover Vettel's true talent in the years to come. It's not his fault he's in the best car, but many drivers have had superior cars in the past, but not shown the absolute consistency and dominance Vettel is showing.

Lewis Hamilton had the fastest car in 2007, but although it was his first season, he and the team managed to balls it up from what seemed an unbeatable position. It's not as easy as it looks, even with superior equipment.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I was massive F1 fan in the 80's to mid 90's. I find it unwatchable now albeit for many reasons that are basic 'improvements' I.e reliability, safety etc

These are 'good things' but crikey, I find it dull to watch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here