Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amnesty International report: Fifa must not tolerate human rights abuses in Qatar

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
people could be shot point blank in Qatar for not working hard enough, and blatter would waffle on about something else, nothing will ever get done, their pockets are lined with too much cash to back out now

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
people could be shot point blank in Qatar for not working hard enough, and blatter would waffle on about something else, nothing will ever get done, their pockets are lined with too much cash to back out now

This, Living in a country where you have to defend football often. FIFA don't half make it difficult to defend.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would boycott BA also for their tie up with Qatar Airways. I would stop buying petrochemical derived products due to human rights abuses in the Gulf region like beheading maids on trumped up charges.

Vile part of the world that got lucky andeveryone happily does business with it. Shouting your moral outrage from behind a football association of all things is to a certain extent mental. Thats not to say they shouldnt make a stand, and perhaps shaming them through something as globally loved as football may well be effective. But blaming FIFA for getting into bed with them is the thin end of the wedge. You dont shout and call the fella in the petrol station all the names under the sun do you.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I would boycott BA also for their tie up with Qatar Airways. I would stop buying petrochemical derived products due to human rights abuses in the Gulf region like beheading maids on trumped up charges.

Vile part of the world that got lucky andeveryone happily does business with it. Shouting your moral outrage from behind a football association of all things is to a certain extent mental. Thats not to say they shouldnt make a stand, and perhaps shaming them through something as globally loved as football may well be effective. But blaming FIFA for getting into bed with them is the thin end of the wedge. You dont shout and call the fella in the petrol station all the names under the sun do you.

The bloke in the petrol station is an insignificant part of the process.

FIFA are very definitely NOT insignificant. They won't do anything about it though because, as someone has said, they have their snouts too far into the trough to back out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you "would", but presumably you dont because of the inconvenience this would bring?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
meanwhile Mark Bresciano fined 1.9 million for an illegal transfer between a qatari team and another arab country........not the clubs involved but the "foreign" player....interesting...!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

THIS.

Oh, and @sydney , who in the name of FECK is that avatar a picture of?

:love:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here