who would be in your 1st XI?

PIG
Calde - Greer - Upson - Ward
Bridcutt
Orlandi - JFC/Crofts
Buckley - Ulloa - LuaLua

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
Maybe Bruno for Calde but otherwise looks about right. Also Orlandi can play in one of the wide positions & bring Ince into midfield with Bridcutt & JFC. There would plenty of experience around Ince for him to excel.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've got a smashing squad, and that is the point. You don't go up with a strong first eleven, you have to have a strong squad. And we do. When everyone is fit and ready.

I can't wait to see CMS playing off Ulloa... exactly what he was bought for, the goals will flow like nobodies business.

Dec 29, 2011
--------------PIG
Calde - Greer - Upson - Ward
-----------Bridcutt
-----Crofts------Orlandi
-----CMS--------------Lua Lua
-----------Ulloa

With Mackail-Smith playing in a 'run after the ball and be a nuisance' role. Lua-lua can pick wings as he choses, Ulloa can move deeper on occasions if CMS is willing to cover him upfront.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When all fit

.............Kuszczak................
Bruno .......Greer...... Upson ...... Ward
.............Bridcutt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Croft.........Andrews.........Orlandi
........CMS.........Ulloa

murphy's law

Nov 24, 2008
There was never an intention for CMS to play off Ulloa. Ulloa was a replacement when it became clear CMS wasn't up to it. When both were fit (briefly), CMS was benched. Poyet played 433 & was never going to change that system. OG is also a 433 advocate. CMS can't play wide effectively, he will be backup or sold.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
When all fit

That is one very very exciting prospect

Dec 29, 2011
There was never an intention for CMS to play off Ulloa. Ulloa was a replacement when it became clear CMS wasn't up to it. When both were fit (briefly), CMS was benched. Poyet played 433 & was never going to change that system. OG is also a 433 advocate. CMS can't play wide effectively, he will be backup or sold.

However Oscar is a huge advocate of pressing high up the pitch, something Poyet didn't do. Who better to do this than CMS?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
When all fit

Take out Andrews and put Crofts in. Put Buckley where you have Croft (missing the s) and I agree.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Although the return of Bridcutt, Ulloa and CMS (plus KLL) will be very significant I feel that Orlandi will be vital as he alone has the vision and talent to make that killer pass for Ulloa and CMS to feed off. Plus Orlandi has an eye for goal himself, think of his goals against Newcastle and Blackpool that were sublime pieces of skill.

No doubt they will need a few games to get match fit but it is a mouthwatering prospect to have a fit squad for Oscar to choose from and will feel like we have just made a load of new signings.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
.............Kuszczak......... .......
.............Bridcutt,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,
Croft.........Andrews......... Orlandi
........CMS......…Ulloa

I like that with Barnesy, Spanish Dave, JFC and Incey Wincey making it a very very strong squad indeed.

'Glass ceiling' my arse!

TNBA

TTF

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Take out Andrews and put Crofts in. Put Buckley where you have Croft (missing the s) and I agree.

I was thinking along the lines of that being the first tactical substitution if needed but must admit I like the experience that Andrews gives us and I am a little sceptical of Buckley this season with his fitness and consistency.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
.............Kuszczak......... .......
.............Bridcutt,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,
Croft.........Andrews......... Orlandi
........CMS......…Ulloa

I like that with Barnesy, Spanish Dave, JFC and Incey Wincey making it a very very strong squad indeed.

'Glass ceiling' my arse!

TNBA

TTF

Jeez I missed buckers….what a squad we have!

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here