Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight's book signing Worthing.

Jan 26, 2012
Just back from Dick Knight’s book signing in Worthing. Around fifty of us in the Fraser Bar of the Connaught with Dick & Paul Samrah at the head table and Des Lynam in the audience. Lasted for about an hour with Paul suggesting topics for Dick to chat about, ranging from when Liam Brady asked him to form the consortium which finally did for the dastardly Archer & Bellotti. Some interesting stories about, Dean Hammond, Robbie Savage, loan players and the January transfer window (which he doesn’t agree with). Ended with a question and answer session, in which time he explained how he’s resigned from AITC because of financial cut backs and also about the club not selling the book because they wanted to read it first, which I would have thought was a reasonable request considering the issues regarding Poyet’s dismissal. I’ve always liked Dick Knight especially as he was instrumental in saving the Albion, but I also have loyalties to Tony Bloom without whom there probably wouldn’t be an Amex Stadium. Shame they seem to have fallen out over opposing views of how to run a modern day football club.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'm guessing the club have now read the book so as there is nothing to get excited about or controversial in it could they not do the decent thing and stock it? Seems to be a bit of a storm in a tea cup or was it Dick Knights marketing brain going into action again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm guessing the club have now read the book so as there is nothing to get excited about or controversial in it could they not do the decent thing and stock it? Seems to be a bit of a storm in a tea cup or was it Dick Knights marketing brain going into action again.

that's not how it works. It would have been courteous to let the club see it first.

Would you sell a book about yourself without reading it first?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
was there aswell today,
bit of a shame about the frostiness between bha and himself, I guess there is 2 sides to every story tho',
and somewhere in the middle the truth will lie......

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
that's not how it works. It would have been courteous to let the club see it first.

Would you sell a book about yourself without reading it first?

I get the principle of the BHA stance but it is a shame that it ended up like this. Is Dick Knight really that pissed off with things at the club? Why not let the club have an advanced copy or was he trying deliberately trying to make it sound more controversial than it actually is to boost sales?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get the principle of the BHA stance but it is a shame that it ended up like this. Is Dick Knight really that pissed off with things at the club? Why not let the club have an advanced copy or was he trying deliberately trying to make it sound more controversial than it actually is to boost sales?

yes it's a great shame. Clearly the relationship between DK and the club has broken down and is irrepairable, and once again the fans are being split through lack of knowledge and conjecture. Good old NSC!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
yes it's a great shame. Clearly the relationship between DK and the club has broken down and is irrepairable, and once again the fans are being split through lack of knowledge and conjecture. Good old NSC!

in all fairness tho', he did say it was the shares option thing that meant he didn't send it to them....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
in all fairness tho', he did say it was the shares option thing that meant he didn't send it to them....

hadn't picked up on that, nevertheless I doubt the club would have welcomed that proposal with open arms

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
hadn't picked up on that, nevertheless I doubt the club would have welcomed that proposal with open arms

obviously not, tho he did seem quite forthright with his reasons for the club not doing so, am not taking sides either way with this by the way, just more confusion for my poor little brain!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I hope you're wrong about the relationship being beyond repair - all supporters would dearly love to see a club undivided from top to bottom. None of us wants the boardroom equivalent of a fight on the home terraces and the fact remains, whatever has happened, wherever the faults lie, that Dick Knight is an important part of the Albion brand. If an accommodation can be reached between the parties the club will be all the stronger for it.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I hope you're wrong about the relationship being beyond repair - all supporters would dearly love to see a club undivided from top to bottom. None of us wants the boardroom equivalent of a fight on the home terraces and the fact remains, whatever has happened, wherever the faults lie, that Dick Knight is an important part of the Albion brand. If an accommodation can be reached between the parties the club will be all the stronger for it.

couldn't agree more....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope you're wrong about the relationship being beyond repair - all supporters would dearly love to see a club undivided from top to bottom. None of us wants the boardroom equivalent of a fight on the home terraces and the fact remains, whatever has happened, wherever the faults lie, that Dick Knight is an important part of the Albion brand. If an accommodation can be reached between the parties the club will be all the stronger for it.[/QUOTE

indeed, but the cracks seem to be getting wider.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here