Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed cameras

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think I've just been flashed, does this guarantee points on licence for 3 years and increase insurance?

:down:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If they bother to convict or put film in the camera then yes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends on how much over the limit you were if within about 10% yes if not I dont think they give you that option. The killer will be when Brighton start taking action over the 20mph, that is difficult to stick to generally.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep my fingers crossed nothing comes through

:thumbsup:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think I was doing about 42 in a 30mph :ffsparr:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was it a permanent one? If so schoolboy error. I got caught twice in quick succession a few years back by plod putting their device on the parcel shelf of a car to catch approaching motorists. Ever since, I've been suspicious of cars parked in unusual places. At least now they do it my way in a transit with 'plod' and a camera sign painted on it. Mind you, when you see it, its too late. I think the paintwork is their way of laughing at you.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Was it a permanent one? If so schoolboy error. I got caught twice in quick succession a few years back by plod putting their device on the parcel shelf of a car to catch approaching motorists. Ever since, I've been suspicious of cars parked in unusual places. At least now they do it my way in a transit with 'plod' and a camera sign painted on it. Mind you, when you see it, its too late. I think the paintwork is their way of laughing at you.

Permanent camera, 1st time ever I will be done if it's proceeded. The air was blue when it happened, simple not paying attention!! sake!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Where was the camera?
Was it a gatso or truvelo ?
Gatso gets you going away from the camera so gets the car rear end, truvelo gets you coming towards it.
If it was a gatso, not many have films in them, they just flash, it's too expensive for the police to have films in all of sussex camera so they alternate it.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Where was the camera?
Was it a gatso or truvelo ?
Gatso gets you going away from the camera so gets the car rear end, truvelo gets you coming towards it.
If it was a gatso, not many have films in them, they just flash, it's too expensive for the police to have films in all of sussex camera so they alternate it.

It flashed from behind rather than "at my front".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Depends on how much over the limit you were if within about 10% yes if not I dont think they give you that option. The killer will be when Brighton start taking action over the 20mph, that is difficult to stick to generally.

Permanent camera, 1st time ever I will be done if it's proceeded. The air was blue when it happened, simple not paying attention!! sake!!

How do you people get driving licences?!

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Friend I've got who works in insurance told me your first 3 points won't affect your insurance premium. Mine still went down when I got 3 points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do you people get driving licences?![/QUOTE

Have you tried sticking to the 20mph limit from Preston Park to The Old Steyne and not holding up other traffic? Incidentally I got my driving licence in 1961 and have had 2 speeding convicitions in that time both with mobile cameras.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here