Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward would be happy to stay [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ward would be happy to stay[/h]9:30am Sunday 17th November 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2632523.jpg
Stephen Ward in action for Albion
Stephen Ward has admitted he would be tempted to make his loan deal permanent – if Albion offer him terms at the end of the season.
But the in-form left-back expects his parent club Wolves to be back in the Championship by the time he has to make any big decisions.
Ward played a full 90 minutes for the Republic of Ireland at home to Latvia on Friday after being recalled to the squad.
He produced a solid performance in a comfortable 3-0 win and is now moving on to Poznan for a game against Poland, where he is likely to be on the bench.
Ward admits his performances on loan to the Seagulls have been key in his return to the international set-up.
And that could be a factor if the Seagulls look to keep him on board at the end of his season-long loan.
Ward said: “At the minute I'm not really thinking that far ahead. I'm on loan for the season and no real decisions have to be made for a good couple of months.
"I'm enjoying it there, it's a good club. The stadium is fantastic, we're getting 27,000 or 28,000 every week and they've got a new £30m training ground so it's going in the right direction.
"It's a good club and if something happened, yeah, I'd be more than happy.
“But Wolves look like they're going to get promoted and we'll see.
"We'll sit down and talk to them, see what their plan is, but at the minute it's just about playing and enjoying what I'm doing.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here