Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Breaks

May 8, 2008
Portslade
I know we've had International Breaks before, but for some reason we seem to have had too many this season.
It's like the season for the Albion hasn't really begun and is sooooo frustrating.

I suppose it does help in trying to resolve our injury crisis, as long as the international players we have aren't then
added to the list.

Maybe it's just I'd rather be at my second home watching the lads in blue and white than having to find another
excuse not to accompany the wife Christmas shopping. Oh well....at least I have Dick's book to read. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This break, with 6 days still to go, does seem to have been very long.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always view this as a sign of success, bit like not having to be in FA Cup draw till round 3

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's not helped being followed by two away games (that I'm not going to). Couldn't face Wigan again after two 3-0 defeats there and the early KO has put me off Bournemouth.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They started the season early so it doesn't really matter. Also by giving the injured time to recover it's done us more good than any team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For a season that started in August, it feels like it won't have got going properly til December. Not a big fan of the hotel plan, but there's something far wrong when the Albion only get to play one game at the Amex in the whole of November. No wonder they're having to look at extra revenue streams.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh for the good old days. Internationals played midweek and no interruption of the regular season. As is well recognised, most International football is mediocre, and the rest is pure sh*te. Ban it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Same length as all the others!!
But we didn't go into the last ones with back to back 3 goal victories.
LB's 20 minute cameo (word up).
Orlandi and Buckley ready to play.
Ulloa not far away.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
some smart arse will no doubt have a good reply, but I'll make the point anyway. During the current round of Rugby Union internationals, club games are continuing. County cricket goes on during test matches. As I understand it, Premier clubs have to submit a 25 man squad pre-season, why can they not put a team out ? Would the answer be not to sign so many foreign international players, so increasing English talent.
Yes, I take on board injuries etc, but they happen whenever in the season, as do suspensions.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
some smart arse will no doubt have a good reply, but I'll make the point anyway. During the current round of Rugby Union internationals, club games are continuing. County cricket goes on during test matches. As I understand it, Premier clubs have to submit a 25 man squad pre-season, why can they not put a team out ? Would the answer be not to sign so many foreign international players, so increasing English talent.
Yes, I take on board injuries etc, but they happen whenever in the season, as do suspensions.

I suppose it's money and points that dictate though.
We could be in 7th place a couple of games to go, playing Doncaster 3rd from bottom. We could potentially be missing, PIG, Greer, Ward, El Abd, Crofts, Bridcutt, CMS, Conway, Mas,we would struggle to put a team out at the moment, and it would not go down to well with our supporters, or the teams fighting relegation. Internationals in midweek seem the best option.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But we didn't go into the last ones with back to back 3 goal victories.
LB's 20 minute cameo (word up).
Orlandi and Buckley ready to play.
Ulloa not far away.

True but the break gives them the chance to be even fitter and ready!

I don't think you need to be a smart arse to see teh flaws in your plan. Perhaps the alternative is to only have midweek internationals and keep the weekends for domestic football. Problem with that is that with the amount of international players in the teams and the amount of travelling, those that play in internationals will not be fit for the league games so the clubs would complain about that! It's a no win situation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hate international break it's so bloody boring and we haven't got a home game in ages

One home game in November, does get boring after a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here