Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP & QPR - MoS

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They report that FFP fines are now going to go to charity and not be spread out amongst the clubs who stick to the rules..... :facepalm:

"The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the Football League plan to donate fines levied under their FFP rules to charity. It had previously been expected that fines paid by overspending clubs would be shared among clubs who stayed within the rules and did not lose huge amounts while trying to ‘buy’ success. But a senior FL source says giving the fines to charity is now the preferred option ‘for a number of political reasons’."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PB ain't gonna be happy about that.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well if I was a money man involved at QPR I'd get out as soon as I could.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
They report that FFP fines are now going to go to charity and nor be spread out amongst the clubs who stick to the rules..... :facepalm:

"The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the Football League plan to donate fines levied under their FFP rules to charity. It had previously been expected that fines paid by overspending clubs would be shared among clubs who stayed within the rules and did not lose huge amounts while trying to ‘buy’ success. But a senior FL source says giving the fines to charity is now the preferred
option ‘for a number of political reasons’."
Surely they can't just change their minds, the rules are the rules that the football league chairmen voted for ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the FL did back down on the re distribution of fines aspect I'd expect a legal challenge from those clubs that have been prudent

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont see they can start paying any money to charity without agreement from the clubs, it would be a change of rules shirley?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grey areas in a MoS report - surely not.

Just don't shoot the messenger.

I'll do PB's reply, to save those of you who get a semi from direct conversation with the man bugging him early on a Sunday morning:-

'First I've heard of it'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought clubs relegated from the prem were exempt in their first season?

Only if they don't go back up, and the article seems to be assuming they will go back up this season, which seems reasonable

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If QPR are promoted this season, the fine will be levied in January 2015 by the Football League under their new Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules, which will see overspending clubs ‘taxed’ on their losses. Rangers are currently favourites to go up to the Premier League from the Championship this season. They could avoid a fine — or at least postpone it — if they fail to get promoted. In that case, they will be hit with a lengthy transfer embargo.
The mathematics are complicated, but in broad terms, Championship clubs will pay a £1 fine for every £1 they lose over £18m in the 2013-14 financial year.

I thought the rules are not relevant the first season back in the championship? also I thought you could register upto an eight million loss. These rules are more and more confusing

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
They report that FFP fines are now going to go to charity and not be spread out amongst the clubs who stick to the rules..... :facepalm:

"The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the Football League plan to donate fines levied under their FFP rules to charity. It had previously been expected that fines paid by overspending clubs would be shared among clubs who stayed within the rules and did not lose huge amounts while trying to ‘buy’ success. But a senior FL source says giving the fines to charity is now the preferred option ‘for a number of political reasons’."

Spineless *****, how can they change the rules that the clubs signed up to, but then we always new they would:wanker:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
If the FL did back down on the re distribution of fines aspect I'd expect a legal challenge from those clubs that have been prudent

A legal challenge against giving money to charity. I don't think that would help a club's image.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
What would be the point now in FFP ? We may as well ignore it if there is no financial benefit to us obeying the rules, what a total shambles

In order to ignore it, you need to have someone willing to continue to finance spiralling losses year on year. Tony's spent a fair bit of cash on our infrastructure already. I'm not sure I'd want to assume he's happy to continue bankrolling huge losses as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here