Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugh Cornwell - Komedia next Thursday

Oct 2, 2008
Any other NSCers going to see the great man ?. Am really looking forward to this as haven't seen him since he left The Stranglers. By all accounts it is likely to be a mixture of new stuff and Stranglers material.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
A Stranglers party after a gig in 1977 got me sacked from my first job.
It was worth it though!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Nosferatu is a great album

Wrong Way Round is probably my favourite,featuring Ian Dury

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Did anyone see Hugh Cornwell at The Komedia? Despite the aura that has always surrounded him, IMO, The Stranglers with Baz Warne are a far tighter unit musically. Poor old Jet Black almost needs a Zimmer Frame to make it to his drum kit these days though.

Looking forward to seeing them in March.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Not for that one, would like to have been!!

Did you go to JJ at the Dome? 1978 I think.

No,wasn't at that one,was it the one where he rode his Bonneville on stage for Triumph of the Good City?

around that time with Hugh releasing Nosferatu,I thought the Stranglers might of been going their separate ways

how wrong was that,Ruby Anniversary Tour next year!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No,wasn't at that one,was it the one where he rode his Bonneville on stage for Triumph of the Good City?

around that time with Hugh releasing Nosferatu,I thought the Stranglers might of been going their separate ways

how wrong was that,Ruby Anniversary Tour next year!

I don't remember a motor bike on stage but I had only just turned 14, this was the first gig I went to, not bad seeing JJ for my first one!!

Still not getting the Crackerjack pencils!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I don't remember a motor bike on stage but I had only just turned 14, this was the first gig I went to, not bad seeing JJ for my first one!!

Still not getting the Crackerjack pencils!

I think it was when the Stranglers we're on Rock goes to College

Hugh asked the audience "have you all got your crackerjack pencils?

Good,you can stick them up your a****

I'd had a few the other night :drink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think it was when the Stranglers we're on Rock goes to College

Hugh asked the audience "have you all got your crackerjack pencils?

Good,you can stick them up your a****

I'd had a few the other night :drink:

It was a bit cryptic the other night, your knowledge of The Stranglers is much better than mine!!
Do you remember any Stranglers gigs in Brighton 1978-80.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It was a bit cryptic the other night, your knowledge of The Stranglers is much better than mine!!
Do you remember any Stranglers gigs in Brighton 1978-80.

didn't miss a Stranglers gig in Brighton,seen them so many times it's a job to remember individual gigs & it was a long time ago!

Great times, Brighton we're buzzing too!

I do remember a load of Arsenal outside the centre,I think that was the first time the Stranglers played there,so would of been '79 The Raven tour

couldn' beat the Top Rank though for atmosphere

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Not for that one, would like to have been!!

Did you go to JJ at the Dome? 1978 I think.

I was at that one with not too many others I remember.

I missed the Albion playing at Luton that day to see JJ .

I saw Hugh backing Blondie at the Brighton Centre in 2005 - bit sad really as he got a polite round of applause and a few cheers for old Stranglers numbers and silence for his own songs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
didn't miss a Stranglers gig in Brighton,seen them so many times it's a job to remember individual gigs & it was a long time ago!

Great times, Brighton we're buzzing too!

I do remember a load of Arsenal outside the centre,I think that was the first time the Stranglers played there,so would of been '79 The Raven tour

couldn' beat the Top Rank though for atmosphere

Top Rank was brilliant, when they let me in!
I also went to loads and keep trying to remember certain gigs, sometimes I saw 2 bands a week, Jenkinsons had some good bands on Sunday nights.
I saw The Anti Nowhere League and Peter & The Test Tube Babies as support bands at The Top Rank, but not sure if this was The Stranglers or The Damned.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was at that one with not too many others I remember.

I missed the Albion playing at Luton that day to see JJ .

I saw Hugh backing Blondie at the Brighton Centre in 2005 - bit sad really as he got a polite round of applause and a few cheers for old Stranglers numbers and silence for his own songs.

JJ at the Dome was brilliant, shame about Hugh at the Centre, I didn't go to this but think he deserved better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here