Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's soul? Druma, goal music, Ultras, Eagle's flying, Groupon ect.

Feb 14, 2010
I am sure that palace were not always this tin pot. It must be a nightmare for proper Palace fans, what has happened up there, they are just cringeworthy. 10,000 against Bristol and Groupon deals when in the Championship, the Palace fans just seem to be in a mess

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No doubt you will get slated for starting a Palace thread. But you do have a point. What I like about Crystal Palace, is that they've been a relative underdog, unfashionable, but a proper football club (barring the unmentionables). Sadly they're loosing the latter part and becoming a joke. They may as well play ice hockey.

Feb 14, 2010
No doubt you will get slated for starting a Palace thread. But you do have a point. What I like about Crystal Palace, is that they've been a relative underdog, unfashionable, but a proper football club (barring the unmentionables). Sadly they're loosing the latter part and becoming a joke. They may as well play ice hockey.

I know, we used to have a rivalry with a football club, but now its with a load load happy clappy cheer leader types who would stamp their feet when the goal music is turned on and shout whooa whooa instead of football songs. I can't stand Palace but even I find this an embarrassment too far even for them. The modern palace might as well be be an ice hockey club as you say.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think the Eagle flying around is good for a team who's nickname is "the eagles" don't see the problem there ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think the Eagle flying around is good for a team who's nickname is "the eagles" don't see the problem there ?

Which was a made-up nickname that someone came up with out of nowhere in 1974. Before that they'd been the Glaziers, playing in claret and blue (although they still changed the design almost every season).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry for not towing the line here, it's not like it all happened at once.

I imagine the Eagle to be pretty cool - We do point and chant at Seagulls, when about!!
Ultras - Some noise is better than none.
Groupon - Some fans are better than none.
Bloke turns up with a drum one week - meh that's pretty pony.
Goal music - go f*** yourself

Imagine if all of the title appeared at the Amex for Barnsley, I'm sure many of us would keel over.
Fingers crossed the drummer wouldn't be a S/T holder!!
But goal music is the only one I'd be properly sickened by, that's just wrong.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

Equally,what right do they have using such a graceful creature for cheap entertainment? It should be flying free hunting wild Haggis or some such stuff in Scotland.

FREE THE SELHURST 1

Feb 14, 2010

I imagine the Eagle to be pretty cool - We do point and chant at Seagulls, when about!!

Imagine if all of the title appeared at the Amex for Barnsley, I'm sure many of us would keel over.

I think a drum is worse than goal music, because to be fair to palace fans, the goal music and the flying eagle is something the club have imposed on them I doubt even palace fans like goal music. But drums and ultra's well that is their own doing!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You have seen the remote control seagull that flies in front of the West Stand, flies over the stadium and lands on the East Stand roof.???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
With £120m in the bank, do you honestly think they give a shit?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The thing that gets me with the moaning about ultras, goal music is that on here a lot of you praise the German clubs and they do all of that, in fact so do most Spanish teams as well. And a lot of it is fan driven...unlike clackers left on seats with the lyrics of your own song on them!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Palace are of course gloriously tinpot for all the reasons mentioned, but deserve a bit of credit at least for hosting their own annual beer festival at the ground.

Feb 14, 2010
With £120m in the bank, do you honestly think they give a shit?

I would hope so because its not the fans money and football is ot about what division you play in. Its a day out with friends and relatives. Plastic nonsense that comes from America should be left in America. I expect loads of palace fans just cringe with how it is down there. OK the 15,000 extra fans they have found overnight when they play Arsenal might not care but I'm talking about their true 1support of 10,000 who turned up against Britol City last season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think a drum is worse than goal music, because to be fair to palace fans, the goal music and the flying eagle is something the club have imposed on them I doubt even palace fans like goal music. But drums and ultra's well that is their own doing!
Fair point well made.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Never trust a club that changes the historic colour of it's kit.
At least we recovered from the "Argentina" debacle

As a Palace fan I would agree with this. I have absolutely no familarity with the current "quartered" effect it ruins what was our traditional red'nblue (which started off as a copy of Villa's claret and blue).

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Goal music I agree with, but you could only dream of having the atmosphere that we have.
Anyway I am off to read the other thread to see which NSC users are "pro dick or anti dick" :lol: it maybe a stereotype and who gives a monkeys anyway but that line really did make me laugh

Feb 14, 2010
As a Palace fan I would agree with this. I have absolutely no familarity with the current "quartered" effect it ruins what was our traditional red'nblue (which started off as a copy of Villa's claret and blue).

Without taking the piss, what do you make of it all? Surely you can sort out the goal music and well is nobody tapping that lad with the drum on the shoulder and telling where to stick his drum stick?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here