Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet v Cambridge United - BT Sport now

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
With Adam Virgo as one of the main pundits.

Come on the U's. I'd love to see them back in the league - proper football club.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nice to see him get a new job and is doing a decent job, much better than James Beattie does doing similar for Skrill matches

He is excellent. Nice to hear someone with a bit of 'character' in his voice and in his delivery, and he definitely knows what he's talking about - he 'adds' something. Wouldn't it be good if this was recognised above celebrity, so that instead of Michael Owen or that arse Townsend, Adam could commentate on the big games?

And 2-0 to Cambridge. Davids is awful!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Work in football punditry must be exceptionally competitive. He's done incredibly well so far.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was at this game last night as Barnet are my local club. Only cost £8 (as part of a deal for the Cambridge game and their midweek game against Welling).

Probably about the best match I've seen this season. Two teams really going for it. Didn't think Barnet would come back from 2-0 down but they were level by half time. Second half could have gone either way but a draw was probably a fair result. A really good advert for Conference football.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was at this game last night as Barnet are my local club. Only cost £8 (as part of a deal for the Cambridge game and their midweek game against Welling).

Probably about the best match I've seen this season. Two teams really going for it. Didn't think Barnet would come back from 2-0 down but they were level by half time. Second half could have gone either way but a draw was probably a fair result. A really good advert for Conference football.

Barnet should have won it, don't know why the lino flagged ?

Adam Virgo did a good job and hopefully he will learn the trade out of the limelight before getting better matches, when you see the mess Michael Owen makes then you realise just because you were a good footballer doesn't make you a good pundit or even a good manager

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Barnet should have won it, don't know why the lino flagged ?

Adam Virgo did a good job and hopefully he will learn the trade out of the limelight before getting better matches, when you see the mess Michael Owen makes then you realise just because you were a good footballer doesn't make you a good pundit or even a good manager

Looked like he was signalling the ball went out after being blocked on the line and then came back in to play for Barnet to score. Would explain why he gave a corner.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It was a smokin' decision. At the time, with the "pundits and commentators" saying "Don't know how he could give that. He has to be 100% sure", my thought was "Well, obviously HE was sure. He was there, and gave what he saw." Just because it looked like a goal doesn't make it one if the officials decide it isn't. ( I thought it was, but I was on my sofa in Taunton not on the line at the Hive)

But it was an excellent match

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here