Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Food Experience

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
I like to think I'm open minded about culinary experimentation : Abalone liver was one of the less common things I've tried .
But i had tete de veau in Normandy , expecting something meaty . but it was a most gelatinous and unpleasant concoction .

Any other experiences ?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Getting food poisoning from dodgy takeaway fish and chips. The next day was not pleasant.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Roast parsnips, Satans chips, vile, vile, vile, vile. And don't get me started on rhubarb.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Roast parsnips are a gift from god : you , sir , are spouting gibberish.

No, no I am not. Parsnips are extruded from Beelzebubs anus, they serve no purpose than to make man wretch, if Mephistopheles himself stalked these pages he would be lapping up the souls of those who consumed the fruit of the Devil.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Honey roast parsnips are life's winning combination.

Grubbs gave me a really bad burger once.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've given tripe enough chances to declare it bloody awful stuff.

1st time, in a restaurant in France where it was the signature dish. Horrible
2nd time, in a pub in Yorkshire with a reputation for the dish: Horrible
3rd time, cooked by me following a recipe from Larousse. Horrible
4th time, a tin from a Polish deli recommended to me by a Pole who rates it highly. Horrible

I've given up

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Once had a salad from an 'open salad bar' at Sainsburys Haywards Heath. Spent the next two weeks in hospital (along with a fair few others) after catching dysentery ( sp). I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who eats parsnip or rhubarb is deaf in the tongue, go get yourself checked out, there may still be time for you to be cured.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jumbo sausage and chips from The Blue Ocean, Worthing , about 10 years ago. I owned it for about 4 hours then was impelled to throw it up when I went for a 3am leak. You all know the scenario, you feel a little unwell and your bladder says you need a leak, you go to the whizzer and turn on the light and you and the old china toilet make eye contact and you suddenly know you are not here for a leak, it's serious.
However, once you have voided said Jumbo Sausage, life seems as comfortable as a pair of slippers. It's all relative.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Getting dysentery after eating from Sainsburys salad bar.
Years ago my mum found something in her spinach quiche, we were eating at Wakehurst Place I think, it was like a piece of dishcloth or something - yuk.
Also I found a piece of thread or twine or something embedded in a slice of bread from Tesco!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Once had a salad from an 'open salad bar' at Sainsburys Haywards Heath. Spent the next two weeks in hospital (along with a fair few others) after catching dysentery ( sp). I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

Ooh me too (read thread after I posted)
I must have had it quite 'mild' then as I didn't go to hospital and wasn't actually diagnosed with it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Anyone who eats parsnip or rhubarb is deaf in the tongue, go get yourself checked out, there may still be time for you to be cured.

You have shit taste buds.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Spent 3 days on a toilet after a dodgy Burger King in Holland. Very unpleasant. Thought the raw meat in the middle of the burger was how burgers are supposed to be Holland so happily demolished it late at night after a few beers. Never had a fast food burger since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here