Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone heard of Roy Harper the musician?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If so is he any good? What is his best album? Is he any good live?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Good enough that Led Zep named a song after him!! I think he is a British blues/folk singer, afraid I do not know any of his stuff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
possibly his best known song was "When an old cricketer leaves the crease" which referenced Sussex's own John Snow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Red Arrow/Speedy/Arsenal?

Roy_Harper_(Injustice_The_Regime).JPG

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
possibly his best known song was "When an old cricketer leaves the crease" which referenced Sussex's own John Snow.

Probably much more famous (and royalty rich) for singing the main vocal on the track" Have A Cigar" on Pink Floyds 'Album "Wish You Were Here."
He also is reputed as having single handedly destroyed the Floyds Knebworth festival show to promote that Album by damaging a couple of generators in a hissy fit over being Booed off the stage in his other guise of "Roy Harper and Trigger"

Also he caught a rather unpleasant disease from committing an un-natural act with a baby Sheep,he was at the time dabbling in Farming in Wales and gave a still born lamb the kiss of life.Nasty

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was there at Glastonbury in '81 when Ginger Baker chinned him on stage.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Jesus! The lyrics are worth questioning!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't think they were Harpers lyrics were they?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Don't think they were Harpers lyrics were they?

No but read this report http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...re-was-a-whole-lotta-love-on-tour-763446.html
From report:
"But there are more disturbing stories. Page, for instance, had a relationship with a 14-year-old called Lori Maddox, who relates in Hammer how Richard Cole kidnapped her on Page's orders and brought her to the Riot House. She claims she fell in love with Page almost immediately. She also tells how she had to be locked up, albeit willingly, most of the time so that word of this illegal relationship statutory rape could not get out"

I'm a big Zepplin fan but it only seems fair to now think this song has a lot more to it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No but read this report http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...re-was-a-whole-lotta-love-on-tour-763446.html
From report:
"But there are more disturbing stories. Page, for instance, had a relationship with a 14-year-old called Lori Maddox, who relates in Hammer how Richard Cole kidnapped her on Page's orders and brought her to the Riot House. She claims she fell in love with Page almost immediately. She also tells how she had to be locked up, albeit willingly, most of the time so that word of this illegal relationship statutory rape could not get out"

I'm a big Zepplin fan but it only seems fair to now think this song has a lot more to it!

The truth seems to be "willingly". No one ever bought to book the bloke from the Stones who had a relationship with a 12 year old either. Maybe with the current Saville exposes these men will be brought down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here